Manager, Corporate Accounting
FYidoctors – Calgary – Home Office is currently recruiting for a Manager of Corporate Accounting on a permanent Full-Time basis at our Home Office located in Calgary, AB.
It’s an exciting and transformational time at our Company; we are seeking someone to join our Accounting and Finance team on a permanent basis to oversee the centralized Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable function at Home Office. The ideal candidate will possess strong accounting skills, excellent communication skills, and an ability to motivate and mentor team members to help build a strong cohesive team.
FYidoctors (www.fyidoctors.com), Canada’s fastest-growing eye care provider, is a young and exciting entrepreneurial company. What started as a small group of 30 optometrists has grown to over 500 optometrists and over 250 locations in only twelve years! Our model is unique. We believe in progressive lens technology and manufacturing (at our own manufacturing facility right here in Canada), investing in the most current diagnostic equipment, and a consultative culture led by some of Canada’s most respected and reputable optometrists. We believe our success comes from our passionate people, and we require energetic and enthusiastic leaders to join this dynamic team.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a team of 18 individuals, a mix of direct and indirect reports, to deliver excellent customer service to our clinics.
- Oversee the operation of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams including preparation of monthly performance reporting to share with the management team.
- Perform a variety of period-end closing procedures including preparing or approving of manual journal entries, working papers and reconciliations to ensure data is critically assessed and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze and reconcile variances between the general ledger, sub-ledgers and systems.
- Assist management in the evaluation of periodic results, including explanations for the budget, forecast and prior year variances.
- Manage company-wide initiatives such as moving to national vendors, consolidated billing, working capital optimization and initiatives to reduce cost.
- Support integration of our new clinics through vendor, banking and accounts receivable set-up and staff training.
- Partner and collaborate with operational teams throughout the organization to ensure accurate and timely delivery of periodic financial results, provide training on processes as required and support clinics to ensure their success.
- Oversee monthly rent payments.
- Assist the Financial reporting and Tax teams with preparing and/or reviewing deliverables for the external auditors, tax authorities and other special reporting.
- Ensure internal control environment is adhered to, documented and continually assessed for its effectiveness. Recommend and implement improvements if necessary.
- Assist in process and system development or enhancements as required.
- Assist in the completion of special projects and/or ad hoc projects throughout the business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- The candidate is a professional, technically proficient, organized, independent thinker who builds positive relationships and likes to have fun! Proactively encourages development of company culture through his/her own actions and fosters environment which allows culture to thrive in others.
- Demonstrates strong leadership competencies: positively influence others, coach, mentor, support, provide feedback, create a positive work environment and effectively delegate.
- Possess advanced communication skills to provide guidance and/or instruction to all levels within the organization, adapts their information/style to the audience, and explains difficult issues clearly, and tactfully, to the appropriate audience.
- Ability to set and achieve goals based on alignment with business objectives for self and team.
- Possess experience in leading change management and implementing process improvements. Advocates for change by fostering environment where everyone can challenge status quo and communicates its alignment to company strategy to the team.
- Willing to jump in to learn and support the team.
- Thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- A hard worker who can handle pressure and meet tight deadlines for themselves and their team in an environment with a high volume of activity, while being detailed, organized and thorough.
- S/he must have integrity beyond reproach.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office products, especially MS Excel.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA or CPA) is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive accounting experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a leadership or supervisory position is required.
- Experience in systems implementation or project management is considered an asset.
- Fluency in French is considered an asset.
- Experience as an administrator or super-user for an ERP system, especially NetSuite is considered an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive rewards package
- Rapid and continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.