Optical Dispenser / Optician
Our team at FYidoctors Prince George would be thrilled to meet an experienced person with supporting and complementary skills to join us as an Optical Dispenser/Optician. Previous experience with optical dispensing is preferred.
Location: FYidoctors - Prince George
- 30 – 40 hours during weekdays and Saturdays
- Contribute to the team: identify needs and provide solutions for our patients
- Optical dispensing, contact lenses, administration, inventory control, leadership
- Professional development, continual learning
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
Educating clients about the best eyewear choices for their lifestyle, ensuring they receive the best in value and quality
- Informing patients about advances in corrective eyewear solutions
- Assisting with selection of frames to suit your client’s aesthetic and performance needs
- Interpreting optical prescriptions as written by optometrist
- Performing frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning of eyewear
- Submitting prescription eyewear requisitions to manufacturing lab
- Performing repairs and adjustments to patients’ eyewear
- Arranging and maintaining retail display area
- Contributing to store retail sales goals
- Upholding excellent customer service standards using your charisma and problem solving skills
What you bring: You bring technical optical skills and a professional disposition. You are a lifelong learner. You have a super power that allows you to understand others and connect with people. You are committed to excelling as a member of a high performing team. You are proud of your work. People like you.
The Successful Candidate
Minimum one years’ experience in an optical environment
- Passionate about customer experience; a great communicator who can provide exceptional patient care
- Committed to excelling as a member of a high performing team
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Good computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous retail experience an asset
FYidoctors is an exciting entrepreneurial company that started as a small group of 30 optometrists. In just 10 years, we have grown to over 450 optometrists and opened 290 locations across the country. Today, as Canada’s fastest growing eye care provider, our team of respected leaders bring experience, dedication, and a commitment to the values that have long been associated with optometry. From our lab to our practices to our home office, we are committed to enhancing the lives of our patients and maintaining a positive, supportive environment where all of our people can thrive and grow professionally and personally.
How to Apply
After clicking on the 'Apply' button and completing the requested information, your application will be sent to the attention of the hiring manager. Please include a cover letter with your application.
Alternatively, our careers page can be found here; https://fyidoctors.com/en/careers-page. Search Optical Associate and the preferred location when navigating the careers site.
We thank all candidates for their interest. We politely request no telephone calls please.