Accounts Payable Analyst
We’re expanding our team! FYidoctors - Delta - Home Office is currently recruiting for a full-time Accounts Payable Analyst at our Manufacturing location located in Delta, BC.
It is an exciting and transformational time at our Company; we are seeking someone to join our Accounting and Finance team as a full-cycle Accounts Payable Analyst. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, and a drive to learn.
You will be joining a fantastic company unlike any other– one that brings together Health Care, Retail and Manufacturing. Day to day we enhance people’s lives by helping them see and that is what we love the most about our Company. A close second, however, is our Delta Home Office Team - committed to delivering the best possible service to our clinics and business partners located across the country. From bowling to team outings, and company-wide BBQs, the Delta Home Office will feel like a second family.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive, process, verify and reconcile vendor invoices, statements, expense reports, and credit cards in an accurate and timely manner.
- Code expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Verify vendor accounts by performing vendor account reconciliations and communicating and resolving issues in a timely fashion.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing cheques/EFT’s; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos; and, issuing stop-payments.
- Fill out and coordinate credit applications, vendor EFT forms, and vendor approval forms.
- Evaluate the current Accounts Payable policies and procedures, providing recommendations for improvement, and executing changes as needed.
- Contribute to a team effort and assist with any other duties/ ad hoc projects as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The candidate thrives in a very high-volume, fast-paced, dynamic environment and likes to have fun!
- Demonstrated attention to detail; is organized and thorough and has strong reconciliation skills.
- Candidates possessing an inquisitive nature with a drive to problem solve and make improvements will be very comfortable and thrive in this role.
- Possesses strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively independently and in a team-based environment.
- S/he must have integrity beyond reproach.
- Completion of a College Diploma and/or University Degree in a related field is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook).
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an Accounts Payable role.
- Efficient data entry skills.
- Experience working with inventory in a manufacturing environment, retail or health care industry is considered an asset.
- Previous experience working with an ERP and ability to understand and work between multiple platforms is considered an asset.
HOW YOU’LL BENEFIT
- Competitive compensation package.
- Rapid and continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment.
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
In case you've found us somewhere other than our careers page, click here https://fyidoctors.com/en/careers-page to be brought back to the original advertisement, search Accounts Payable Analyst, and the location when navigating the careers site.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls, please.
FYidoctors is an exciting entrepreneurial company that started as a small group of 30 optometrists. In 12 years, we have grown to nearly 500 optometrists and opened 260 locations across the country. Today, as Canada’s fastest-growing eye care provider and winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 2020, our team of respected leaders from provincial and national optometric associations bring experience, dedication, and a commitment to the values that have long been associated with optometry. From our lab to our practices to our home office, we are committed to enhancing the lives of our patients and maintaining a positive, supportive environment where all our people can thrive and grow professionally and personally. Together, we proudly stand for the strength of the optometric profession and the preservation of patient care.
FYidoctors/Visique shares in the increasing global concern about COVID-19 and we continue to take the situation seriously. As we connect with candidates about this opportunity, we are providing video conferencing options.