IT System Admin
An opportunity to work in a DevOps / infrastructure division. The incumbent has the challenge to design a process flow on how we react to crisis in the event of hardware failures and help establish a robust 3rd level support service, not only will you be working with cloud based service technologies, but you will also be a part of dissolving our old legacy data center remnants to the cloud. Considering that Fyidoctors has its own state of the art optical laboratory, you will also be the primary support person for our specialized manufacturing facility located in Delta Vancouver and innovate where possible. Our infrastructural grid spans across Canada in over 180 locations coast to coast, with a myriad of networking technologies and applications used to provide service to our patients country wide.
We look forward to expanding on the role in “interview”.
- Working with the Manager, as a member of the Infrastructure team, to provide second and third level operational support.
- Assessing infrastructure problems and developing solutions to improve the current environment and mitigate risk.
- Monitoring server infrastructure activity and connectivity, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve server infrastructure issues as they arise
- Utilizing existing toolsets to perform installations, troubleshooting and documentation tasks
- Working independently on operational tasks and can work collaboratively with peers to meet objectives and complete projects.
- Maintaining appropriate professional designations and up-to-date knowledge of information technology techniques and tools
- Occasionally required to provide after-hours on-call support on a rotational basis and be available off-hours to work on emergency server infrastructure problems, maintenance, or project activities.
- Be a Canadian citizen or have required documentation to work in Canada
- Demonstrate proper troubleshooting techniques and processes
- Have experience in scripting and feel comfortable using PowerShell
- Have and show competence with Active Directory, Radius, DHCP, Group Policy and DNS and other standard Infrastructure technologies
- Strong virtualization skills (VMWare, Azure VM, Hyper-V)
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues all the way up the OSI model. Working knowledge of networking technologies is a plus.
- Ability to work with multiple vendors of different equipment and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain best practices, standards, and procedures across the infrastructure and platforms
- Have a technology diploma/degree, or recent certifications, and 5 years of experience in a systems admin role.
- Have a good understanding of Database systems (i.e. MS SQL, Managed Instance)
- Have a strong background in Azure and AWS platforms
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence and Manage Engine applications
- Knowledge of current SaaS and PaaS technologies and how to transition to the from On Prem
- Experience working in the medical field with PIPEDA and HIPAA compliance
- Experience working in a 24/7 manufacturing environment
- A focus on cyber security