FYidoctors, Canada’s fastest growing eye care provider, is a young and exciting entrepreneurial company. What started as a small group of 30 optometrists has grown to over 525 optometrists and 280 locations in only nine years!
Our model is unique. We believe in progressive lens technology and manufacturing (at our own manufacturing facility right here in Canada), investing in the most current diagnostic equipment, and a consultative culture led by some of Canada’s respected and reputable optometrists.
We believe our success comes from our passionate people, and we require energetic and enthusiastic leaders to join this dynamic team.
If this sounds like the company for you, now is your opportunity!
FYidoctors – Markham, is currently seeking a Medical Associate at our Markham location. The Medical Associate will be primarily responsible for performing patient pre-testing activities.
This individual should be willing to work in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment. We are looking for candidates who love working with people, who can provide exceptional patient care to our customers and have excellent communication skills.
How You’ll Benefit
• Comprehensive rewards package
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Rapid and continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment
• A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
• Ongoing training and development opportunities
• Administering pre-testing services such as retinal digital imaging
• Communication with patients including in person, by phone, and by email
• Customer service activities including appointment bookings, prescription printouts, and billing and payments
• Assistance with retail of eyewear products
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Training)
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Internet and email
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Ability to multi-task, and work within tight deadlines
- Previous experience in an optical environment and knowledge with optical software is an asset
The Successful Candidate
• Passionate about customer experience; a great communicator who can provide exceptional patient care
• Committed to excelling as a member of a high performing team
• Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Good computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office suite
• Previous experience or knowledge of routine eye care an asset
We offer a fun and professional work environment, competitive wage based on experience, a generous benefits package, and excellent career growth.
All applications will be sent to the attention of Heather Melvin, Practice Coach. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.