FYidoctors is looking to hire a full-time temporary Optical Associate at our practice in Ottawa, Ontario. This team member will work a schedule of 30 to 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. The Optical Associate will be responsible for the retail and repair of eyewear products as well as follow-up patient care. Join us in advancing eye health and enhancing the lives of our patients in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
How You’ll Benefit
- Comprehensive rewards package
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Rapid and continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Educating clients about the best eyewear choices for their lifestyle, ensuring they receive the best in value and quality
- Informing patients about advances in corrective eyewear solutions
- Assisting with selection of frames to suit your client’s aesthetic and performance needs
- Interpreting optical prescriptions as written by optometrist
- Performing frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning of eyewear
- Submitting prescription eyewear requisitions to manufacturing lab
- Performing repairs and adjustments to patients’ eyewear
- Arranging and maintaining retail display area
- Contributing to store retail sales goals
- Upholding excellent customer service standards using your charisma and problem solving skills
The Successful Candidate
- Previous optical or office experience an asset
- Passionate about customer experience; a great communicator who can provide exceptional patient care
- Committed to excelling as a member of a high performing team
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Good computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous retail experience an asset
FYidoctors is a young and exciting entrepreneurial company that started as a small group of 30 optometrists. In just eight years, we have grown to over 450 optometrists and opened 260 locations across the country.
Today, as Canada’s fastest growing eye care provider, our team of respected leaders from provincial and national optometric associations bring experience, dedication, and a commitment to the values that have long been associated with optometry.
From our lab to our practices to our home office, we are committed to enhancing the lives of our patients and maintaining a positive, supportive environment where all of our people can thrive and grow professionally and personally.
Together, we proudly stand for the strength of the optometric profession and the preservation of patient care.
How to Apply
All applications will be sent to the attention of the hiring contact.
Alternatively, our careers page can be found here: https://fyidoctors.com/en/careers-page. Search Optical Associate, and the preferred location when navigating the careers site.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.