Bilingual Intermediate Accountant
FYidoctors – Calgary – Home Office is currently recruiting for a Bilingual Intermediate Accountant on a permanent full-time basis at our Home Office located in Calgary, AB.
It is an exciting and transformational time at our Company; we are seeking someone to join our Accounting and Finance team on a permanent basis to complete general accounting activities at Home Office. The ideal candidate will possess strong accounting skills, excellent communication skills, and an ability to motivate and mentor team members to help build a strong cohesive team.
FYidoctors (www.fyidoctors.com), Canada’s fastest-growing eye care provider, is a young and exciting entrepreneurial company. What started as a small group of 30 optometrists has grown to over 500 optometrists and over 280 locations in only twelve years! Our model is unique. We believe in progressive lens technology and manufacturing (at our own manufacturing facility right here in Canada), investing in the most current diagnostic equipment, and a consultative culture led by some of Canada’s most respected and reputable optometrists. We believe our success comes from our passionate people, and we require energetic and enthusiastic leaders to join this dynamic team.
As the Bilingual Intermediate Accountant, you will report to the Senior Accountant and are responsible for performing a variety of accounting functions such as commission calculations, month-end entries, and analysis. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to motivate and mentor team members to help build a strong cohesive accounting unit.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calculate contractor payments related to our doctors in Quebec.
- Complete entries related to fixed asset accounting.
- Perform a variety of period-end closing procedures including preparing manual journal entries, working papers, and reconciliations to ensure data is critically assessed and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze and reconcile variances between the general ledger, sub ledgers, and systems.
- Assist management in the evaluation of periodic results, including explanations for the budget, forecast, and prior year variances.
- Provide guidance and support to our AR and AP teams.
- Support integration of our new clinics in Quebec.
- Partner and collaborate with operational team in Quebec to ensure accurate and timely delivery of periodic financial results, provide training on processes as required, and support clinics to ensure their success.
- Assist the Financial reporting and Tax teams with preparing and/or reviewing deliverables for the external auditors, tax authorities, and other special reporting.
- Ensure internal control environment is adhered to, documented, and continually assessed for its effectiveness. Recommend and implement improvements if necessary.
- Assist in process and system development or enhancements as required.
- Assist in the completion of special projects and/or ad hoc projects throughout the business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- The candidate is a professional, technically proficient, organized, independent thinker who builds positive relationships and likes to have fun! Proactively encourages the development of company culture through his/her own actions and fosters an environment which allows culture to thrive in others.
- Demonstrates core competencies: positively influence others, coach, mentor, support, provide feedback, create a positive work environment.
- Possess advanced communication skills to provide guidance and/or instruction to all levels within the organization, adapts their information/style to the audience, and explains difficult issues clearly, and tactfully, to the appropriate audience.
- Ability to set and achieve goals based on alignment with business objectives for self and team.
- Willing to jump in to learn and support the team.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A hard worker who can handle pressure and meet tight deadlines for themselves and their team in an environment with a high volume of activity, while being detailed, organized, and thorough.
- S/he must have integrity beyond reproach.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office products, especially MS Excel.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA, or CPA) is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Experience with NetSuite would be an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive rewards package
- Rapid and continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
Our rapid and continued growth ensures that our employees are constantly challenged and rewarded. We value employees by fostering collaboration, providing ongoing training and development opportunities, and rewarding those who want to lead and exceed expectations. As a valued asset to our team, you can expect a comprehensive rewards package, including a competitive base salary and benefits.
How to Apply
If this opportunity appeals to you, please send us your cover letter and resume to the attention of the hiring contact Sara Bruce.
Alternatively, our careers page can be found here; https://fyidoctors.com/en/careers-page. Search Bilingual Intermediate Accountant.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls, please.