FYidoctors - Delta - Home Office is currently recruiting for an Accounting Manager for a 15-month maternity contract at our Manufacturing location located in Delta, BC.
It is an exciting and transformational time at our Company; we are seeking someone to join our Accounting and Finance team on a temporary basis to oversee the day-to-day operations of our Accounting and Finance team. The ideal candidate will possess strong accounting skills, excellent communication skills, and an ability to motivate and mentor team members to help build a strong cohesive team.
FYidoctors, Canada’s fastest-growing eye care provider, and winner of Canada's 50 Best Managed is a young and exciting entrepreneurial company. What started as a small group of 30 optometrists has grown to over 500 optometrists and over 250 locations in only twelve years! Our model is unique. We believe in progressive lens technology and manufacturing (at our own manufacturing facility right here in Canada), investing in the most current diagnostic equipment, and a consultative culture led by some of Canada’s most respected and reputable optometrists. We believe our success comes from our passionate people, and we require energetic and enthusiastic leaders to join this dynamic team.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the accounting and finance team.
- Collaborate and partner with our other Accounting Manager to lead the accounting and finance team, guide financial decisions and communicate financial information.
- Continue to build an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Focus on developing and training junior team members: provide effective on-the-job coaching and deliver clear, motivating and constructive feedback in a timely manner.
- Lead the preparation of the monthly reporting packages, trend analysis and management reports.
- Perform a variety of period-end closing procedures including preparing or approving of manual journal entries, working papers and reconciliations to ensure data is critically assessed and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze, reconcile and / or approve variances between the general ledger, sub-ledgers, and systems.
- Evaluate the evaluation of periodic results, including explanations for the budget, forecast and prior year variances.
- Maintain, improve and enforce existing policies, controls and procedures and their associated SOP’s (standard operating procedures) as needed for areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the completion of special projects and/or adhoc projects throughout the business, as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The candidate is a professional, technically proficient, independent thinker who builds positive relationships and likes to have fun! Proactively encourages the development of company culture through his/her own actions and fosters an environment which allows culture to thrive in others.
- Demonstrated strong leadership competencies: able to positively influence others, coach, mentor, support, provide feedback, create a positive work environment, and effectively direct work.
- Possess advanced communication skills to provide guidance and/or instruction to all levels within the organization, adapts their information/style to the audience, and explains difficult issues clearly, and tactfully, to the appropriate audience.
- Ability to set and achieve goals based on alignment with business objectives for self and team.
- Possesses experience in leading change management and implementing process improvements. Advocates for change by fostering an environment where everyone can challenge the status quo and communicates its alignment to company strategy to the team.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A hard worker who has the ability to handle pressure and meet tight deadlines for themselves and their team in an environment with a high volume of activity, while being detailed, organized and thorough.
- S/he must have integrity beyond reproach.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA or CPA) is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive accounting experience with 3-5 years in a leadership or supervisory position is required.
- Experience in contract roles is considered an asset.
- Experience as an administrator or super-user for an ERP system, especially Netsuite is considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office products, specifically MS Excel.
- Experience in a manufacturing, health care, retail or service industry is considered an asset.
HOW YOU’LL BENEFIT
- Competitive compensation package.
- Rapid and continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment.
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY:
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls, please.
FYidoctors/Visique shares in the increasing global concern about COVID-19 and we continue to take the situation very seriously. As we connect with applicants about this opportunity, for the health and safety of our staff we are providing video conferencing options.