FYidoctors (www.fyidoctors.com), Canada’s fastest growing eye care provider is a young and exciting entrepreneurial private company. What started as a small group of 30 optometrists has grown to over 400 optometrists and 245 locations in only nine years! Our model is unique. We believe in progressive lens technology and manufacturing (at our own manufacturing facility right here in Canada), investing in the most current diagnostic equipment, and a consultative culture led by some of Canada’s most respected and reputable optometrists. We believe our success comes from our passionate people, and we require an energetic and enthusiastic leader to join this dynamic team.
If this sounds like a company that you would like to work for, now is your opportunity. We are currently recruiting for Full-Time contract for a Senior Analyst at our Home Office located in Calgary, AB.
As an Analyst, you will report to the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis and will be responsible for supporting the budgeting process, month end tasks, forecasting, project analysis, and business intelligence. The ideal candidate will possess strong accounting skills and business acumen, excellent communication skills, and an ability to look at information critically.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data manipulation, analysis, and presentation for the budgeting process.
- Support integration of our new clinics through budget creation.
- Perform a variety of period-end closing procedures.
- Analyze and reconcile variances between different information systems.
- Support in gathering information and development of forecasts.
- Assist the Accounting team with preparing deliverables for the external auditors, tax authorities and other special reporting.
- Support the business in enterprise reporting and business analytics which may include statistical analysis.
- Assist in the completion of special projects throughout the business as required, including new business initiatives and return on investment calculations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA or CPA) is required.
- A minimum of 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Fluency in French is considered an asset.
- The candidate is a professional, technically proficient, independent thinker who builds positive relationships and likes to have fun! Proactively encourages the development of company culture through his/her own actions and fosters an environment which allows the culture to thrive in others.
- Ability to set and achieve goals based on alignment with business objectives for self.
- A hard worker who has the ability to handle pressure and meet tight deadlines in an environment with a high volume of activity, while being detailed, organized and thorough.
- S/he must have integrity beyond reproach.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office products, especially MS Excel.
You will be joining a fantastic Company unlike any other in Calgary – one that brings together Health Care, Retail and Manufacturing. Day to day we enhance people’s lives by helping them see and that is what we love the most about our Company. A close second, however, is our Home Office Team - committed to delivering the best possible service to our clinics and business partners located across the country. At Home Office, we also enjoy being located in the heart of the Mission area with many restaurants and amenities located right around the corner.
How to Apply
All applications will be sent to the attention of the hiring contact David Henry, Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis.
In case you've found us somewhere other than our careers page, click here https://fyidoctors.com/en/careers-page to be brought back to the original advertisement, search Senior Analyst and the preferred location when navigating the careers site.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls, please.