IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT REP. I
Under general supervision, responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, telephony, software and proprietary applications. This involves answering and resolving incoming customer technical issues via phone calls, chats and user submitted tickets. Need to be able to gather/identify the problem and then provide technical troubleshooting to resolve the issue or escalate up to the appropriate team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer customer facing IT Support contacts and provide a high level of technical support to all internal employees and vendors while providing exceptional customer service.
- Documentation of the customer issues and all work performed to resolve their issue
- Must be able to troubleshoot general computer hardware/software issues to resolution
- Provide user account administration and support
- Escalate issues to IT or other workgroups after all know problem-solving techniques have been exhausted with accurate detail at the time of turnover or when call length is beyond the 30 minute time frame process.
- Responsible for using and participating in Knowledge Management
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE - Required
- Associate's degree in Information Technology and two years systems support experience in a Microsoft Windows Domain environment and at least 1 year experience working in a helpdesk environment.
- A+ certification
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE - Preferred
AAS or BS in related field
Network + Certification a strong plus
ESSENTIAL JOB KNOWLEDGE
Must have 1 year previous helpdesk – technical and customer service experience.
- System administration experience in Windows
- Proficiency in Windows environment (Win 7, Win 8, Win 10).
- Proficiency in troubleshooting TCP/IP issues in a corporate environment.
- Some hardware knowledge needed.
- Proficiency with Android and iOS
- Knowledge of MS Outlook preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Application’s – able to answer basic “How to” questions.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a team member in a self-directed, extremely fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple and diverse requests.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to learn new, complex applications quickly.
- Provide on-call support as scheduled
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES / LICENSES
- Network +
DESIRED WORK TRAITS & SKILLS
- Ability to be Customer Focused, Team oriented, and has the Ability to write or interpret documentation on hardware and software products.
- Varying work hours, weekends, holidays.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK & DECISION-MAKING RESPONSIBILITY
- What tickets to escalate to level 2 support groups and what priority they should be assigned
- When to declare a call center impacting issue an incident and involve the team lead Crisis Analyst.
- Any decision having to do with the normal function of their daily job.
AUTONOMY & AUTHORITY
Objective and most of the how are defined by the supervisor or by explicit procedures and rules. Employee proceeds alone on routine work and refers questionable cases to supervisor. Finished work not regularly reviewed by supervisor. Performance of tasks, Stats and activities are reviewed by supervisor on a scheduled basis.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.