Sales and Service Tech I - LINEMAN
Job Opening: 1392
Post Dates: 1/9/19 - 1/16/19
THIS IS FOR A LINEMAN POSITION
- Must be able to work from cable schematics and engineering drawings.
- Must be able to work when needed and in all types of weather.
- Must interact with work forces to coordinate and disseminate information to complete job assignments and with other sections to attain Company service objectives.
- Must maintain a professional image.
- Must support and participate in promotion of Company products.
- Must be physically able to perform duties of the job to include:
- Lifting tools and ladders.
- Climbing ladders and poles.
- Work from a bucket.
- Handle all necessary materials and supplies.
- Must be able to use a computer (laptop), show that you can log on, log off, use windows, and get job assignments, sign off jobs, and do timesheets using Company provided programs with Company provided training by the end of the qualifying period.
- Must pass pole climbing during the qualifying period.
- Must perform other duties as assigned, provided the employee is qualified to do so
- Must have and maintain a valid Commercial driver’s license
- Must meet weight requirement for the standard (ANSI, where applicable) for all equipment provided by or available to the Company, taking into account the weight of tools & apparel
- Must be physically fit to perform job (must be able to lift 80 lbs).
- Must be able to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use a Volt OHM meter.
- Must have an understanding of basic electricity by passing a Company and/or IBEW 363 basic electricity test or a certificate from an outside agency.
- Must be able to work shifts, days, nights, evenings (depending on tour selection) and work overtime and emergency call outs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
REQUIRED: Must possess a current CDL
Strong preference to reside within 35 miles of the reporting location for which the employee is assigned
- 2 year related degree preferred
- 4 years basic Lineman experience
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.