Analyst, It Financial
This position will report to a Manager, IT Finance and will assist with the execution and oversight of capital and expense financial management processes associated with the Technology department. This individual will work with all Technology Directors, Finance, Accounting, Contracts Management, and Accounts Payable to develop and enhance the Technology budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis processes and ensure a high degree of accuracy and transparency of information to all stakeholders.
The Financial Analyst will help to ensure the Technology department is meeting targets through the oversight of capital and expense budgets and a thorough understanding of all Technology related contracts and procurement activity.
This individual must be able to work independently and coordinate with all parties necessary to plan for, propose, and deliver the processes required to support the business.
- Support the monthly variance analysis and close process. Review results with and obtain input from Technology Directors on the forecast, as well as identifying and quantifying risks and opportunities.
- Identify potential financial issues and work with the appropriate functional areas to resolve.
- Participate in financial meetings with CIO, Technology Directors, Finance and Accounting as needed.
- Support the monthly outlook and document key assumptions, risks, and opportunities.
- Work with other Technology Finance/Administration team members to understand current and potential new costs for HW & SW maintenance contracts, contract labor, etc.
- Review financial metrics and assess and improve trouble areas.
- Actively contribute to expense reduction and productivity improvement planning and realization.
- Provide input to business case and ROI analysis.
- Provide supporting data and define underlying assumptions in support of the annual capital and expense budget planning and forecasting process.
- Strong financial management background, preferably in an Technology environment.
- Self starter and able to work independently.
- Deals with ambiguity and makes quick informed decisions.
- Excellent time management & organization skills.
- Able to analyze and resolve problems systematically, organize information and generate solutions while recognizing the impact on stakeholders and the business.
- Able to communicate effectively with all key stakeholders at all levels.
- Works comfortably in a matrix environment.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Management Information Systems or 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Financial Management and MS Office tools required, specifically Excel.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.