Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
The Human Resources Manager works closely with the VP of HR, Corporate and field staff, Labor Relations staff, Recruiting, as well as Call Center leaders, to ensure that HR needs of the organization are met, accomplish established goals and develop/implement programs which result in increased employee productivity and employee retention. Specifically, this position is responsible for the administration of Corporate/Regional human resources functions including, but not limited to, ensuring cultural alignment, talent strategy execution, salary and benefits administration, training, employee advocacy & employee relations for nonunion staff and record keeping. The HR Manager will report directly to the VP of HR.
There are three key attributes to this role that will help define success in HR at Frontier Communications.
- Business and Strategic Partnership. It is expected that all members of the HR team behave as leaders in the organization. A significant part of this leadership is to gain knowledge of our products, services and customers and use that knowledge to help define how employees contribute, and are rewarded for contributing, to the success of the organization. Additionally, HR leaders are expected to understand the financial aspects of operating the business and to be able to identify ways to improve efficiencies within and outside of the function. You will be expected to contribute to the operations of the organization.
- Employee Advocate. Know the employees you work with and support. Knowledge of what motivates them to contribute and what drives their behaviors in the workplace is key to helping to create a workplace that fosters open communications, high productivity and the ability to put the customer first. You will be expected to work with other leaders to identify and provide employee development opportunities, organizational development advancements, develop communications plans and lead communications meetings, and put together problem resolution programs.
- Change Champion. Change at Frontier is constant. In recent years Frontier has made acquisitions that have nearly doubled the size of the company. We have changed the way our technicians and call center employees interact with the customer to be more customer centric, and we have introduced organizational changes that have direct impacts on the customer experience. Knowledge and experience in leading disparate groups through change (both major and minor) is highly valued.
- Coaching employees, supervisors and managers regarding workplace issues such as job performance, career planning and employee relations, ensuring that regional consistency is maintained and company policies are applied in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Managing the salary administration process including overseeing and tracking state-wide Personnel Action Forms from beginning to end, recommending salary treatment for new hires and promotions and assisting in the annual performance & merit review process.
- Working with Corporate Benefits, assists employees during the annual Open Enrollment process and throughout the year to resolve on-going employee benefit issues.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of records/employee files.
- Works closely with HRIS to ensure accuracy of employee data.
- Develops training materials and conducts necessary employee training within the state and region, i.e., interviewing skills, diversity, harassment, STD/LTD/FMLA/WC process, etc.
- Having a working knowledge of the various regional collective bargaining agreements, the HR Manager, in partnership with Labor Relations, is able to assist supervisors, as required, in the interpretation of those contracts.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written) and demonstrated ability to influence others while developing positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- High level of energy and enthusiastic approach to job performance as well as implementation of Corporate and region goals/policies.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in fast-paced setting.
- Customer focused; all employees are the internal customers of HR. It is not unusual to be involved in resolving external customer concerns.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable resolving conflicts and effective at problem solving.
- Strong computer skills, including ability to work with Excel spreadsheets and Power Point.
- Approximately 30% travel
- 5+ years in a progressively responsible HR management function, which includes responsibility for all areas of HR, i.e., salary and benefits administration, employee and labor relations, culture maintenance.
- Background knowledge in training, EEO/AA, ADA, STD/LTD, WC, FMLA, OSHA, OFCCP, FLSA, unemployment insurance, etc.
- Minimum BA degree; Human Resources or related field. Professional as certified by SHRM or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry and/or cell center is preferred.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.