NOC Specialist III
Frontier Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The mission of the of a Center Operations Technician NOC is to serve the Frontier Network by performing surveillance and maintenance of the Frontier network on a 24x7x365 basis. The Surveillance/Tier 1 team will ensure timely acknowledgement of network anomalies and failures and follow documented methods to ensure efficient and timely resolution. The team will also take proactive measures to guarantee the integrity of the network, as well as provide technical support to all Frontier organizations.
A qualified candidate will have a Technical BS degree, or equal vendor certification, as well as 5+ years of professional experience within an Enterprise environment including layered services over multiple equipment vendors. An expert level of Cisco, Juniper and Nokia protocol-based routing are a must have with a self-driven work ethic to analytically drive network enhancements to resolution with Planning and Engineering teams.
Network Operations - NOC III
- Isolate, troubleshoot and resolve advanced network issues on Layer 1, layer 2, and layer 3 network devices
(Aggregators, ATM switches, Ethernet switches, Routers).
- Work with field technicians and local management to assist in the resolution of equipment or network level outages.
- Immediately engage in level 2 and 3 MSI’s to ensure MTTR goals are met.
- Spearhead enhancement activities related to system monitoring and performance:
- Advises managers concerning MSI trends, technical problems, need for equipment, need for software upgrades, and priorities.
- Excellent project management skills with an attention to detail.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for network outages including what was done to resolve the issue, what can be done to reduce impact and what could be done to prevent future occurrences.
- Perform such similar, comparable, or related work as may be required, apparent or assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in relevant field or equivalent vendor certification.
- Requires minimum 5+ years of networking systems experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco, Juniper and Nokia technologies involved in telecommunications as well as layered connections and usage of LAN and WAN technologies.
- Hold a deep understanding of protocol routing to include but not limited to IPv4(v6), ISIS, MPLS, RSVP, BGP, OSPF.
- Network monitoring and analysis equipment and software (Netcool Suite).
- Scripting knowledge (Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.).
- Windows and Linux based Operating systems.
- Vendor Certifications – JNCIA/JNCIA, CCNP/CCIE, NRS-1/NRS-2
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.