Cyber Security Engineer
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Cyber Security Engineer function within the Frontier Communication's Cyber-Security Organization will have opportunities to grow and excel in 3 high potential areas of Cyber Security. As an Engineer in the Cyber-security organization there will be exposure to multiple areas of the Frontier Cyber-Security initiatives to include vulnerability scanning and risk assessment, the collection and analysis of cyber threat data, and the support of Cyber-Security tools. The overall role of the Cyber-Security Engineer is to promote and action the Frontier Communications Cyber-Security mission to protect Frontier's Systems, Networks and Data.
The Engineers role will have increased responsibility over complex initiatives, projects, and be called upon for input during scenarios where critical thinking and problem solving will be key assets to the Frontier organization.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Review logs and events via SIEM to detect and investigate any anomalies. (proficiency with Micro Focus ArcSight highly desired)
- Ability to identify compromised systems and lead remediation efforts.
- Maintain the corporate Forensic Architecture.
- Maintain proper documentation for Incident Handling.
- Educate Frontier employees about the proper way to handle possible compromised systems.
- Continually works to improve enterprise security solutions.
- Stay abreast of developments in the Information Technology industry specifically as they relate to Information Security.
- The ability to construct and enforce Corporate policy and process with a measurable understanding based on NIST and SANS
- Manage and/or support Network tools specific to Information, Network, and Incident Response
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related computer or network field.
- 4 - 7 years Demonstrated training and experience in the cyber security or information security field
- Strong in-depth technical knowledge in information security with emphasis on computer and network security, anti-virus solutions, desktop threat intelligence gathering methods, data loss prevention, smartphone security methods.
- 4-5 years of experience in evaluating security and deploying security controls within IT applications and infrastructure technologies (server, desktop, mobile devices).
- Experience in AV and EDR solutions; Falcon CrowdStrike is a plus
- Experience deploying and Supporting IDS/IP plat forms; Sourcefire SNORT, AlienVault a plus
- Experience administering Windows, Mac and *NIX servers and desktops.
- Working knowledge with SIEM support and use. ArcSight / Splunk preferred
- Scripting / programming a plus.
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and multi-task several projects
- Maintain at least one Industry Standard Security certification, such as: CISSP, GIAC, CISM, etc... preferred but not required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent technical and business writing skills.
- Experience with Desktop Forensics is a plus.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.