Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include FiOS® by Frontier® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Frontier Business offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Work with and analyze complex data from various sources. Manipulate large data sets and navigate a variety of servers, data types, and data structures to complete statistical and other analyses
- Develop predictive and descriptive models using advanced procedures like statistical modeling, linear regression and Bayesian analyses. Knowledge of some/all of the following techniques: Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Bootstrap Aggregation, Boosting, Decision Trees, and Time Series Analysis.
- Use a suite of analytical tools including Python, SAS & R to build, implement, and regularly monitor the effectiveness of predictive models
- Perform statistical data analysis and build forecasting and optimization models
- Develop and monitor industry trends, to support the monitoring, evaluation and development of current and newly emerging products, and consumer behavior
- Partnering with business analysts to gather requirements and translate to actionable scenarios and models
- Work with various functions to document and communicate results of analyses, present work in clean, structured formats
- 3 + years of business experience
- An advanced degree, or directly relevant experience in a quantitative discipline, such as operations research, econometrics, or statistics
- Experience developing and implementing statistical models
- 5+ years of experience with a statistical analysis tool like R, Python, SAS
- Experience performing data management, mining, and manipulation along with analytics
- Experience using SQL in a RDBMS environment
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to work independently under general instructions and with a team
- Some programming experience - This role will rely heavily on programming experience in R, Python, and SAS, as well as SSMS
- Experience with tools and methodologies specific to big data
- Familiarity with relational databases, such as Oracle, MS SQL and Server
- Knowledge of 3rd party demographic (Claritas) or firmagraphic (D&B) information sources
Work Location: Tampa, FL, Fort Wayne, IN, Thousand Oaks (or other southern California locale), CA and Irving, TX
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.