IT Systems Engineer
Primary duties as a programmer on Linux platform, working with Internet Service Provider infrastructure and provisioning systems. Skills may be used towards software integration and systems administration as needed.
- Will update and create software running primarily on Linux platform to support and enhance administration of Internet infrastructure, authentication, provisioning and monitoring systems.
- Will integrate vendor and open-source software to systems architecture to improve existing services or support new products.
- Need to work very closely with the IT, tech support, and product management organizations, attending product development and review meetings as needed.
- May perform data collection and reporting to analyze system performance and resulting Internet subscribers' experience and behavior.
- May assist in troubleshooting software problems as needed after escalation from the NOC and within the System Services group.
- Shared 7x24 coverage of the infrastructure and applications that the team supports in a scheduled rotation. Will require occasional after-hours work and after-hours on-call duties.
- Experience programming in PHP (Zend Framework, apigility), Python (Django) or PERL.
- Experience working with external interfaces (e.g. SOAP or REST API).
- Experience working with LDAP and SQL systems (OpenLDAP and MySQL preferred).
- Basic knowledge of ISP infrastructure (DNS, RADIUS, DHCP, CPE management).
- Experience working with Debian Linux software packaging.
- Server update and configuration skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems or Computer Science.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, both on a proactive, planned, project basis as well as a crisis/problem recovery situation.
- Must be detail-oriented and self-managing.
- Works with minimal supervision and proactively communicates status, issues, and support needs to appropriate manager(s).
- Experience with fast-paced, time-constrained development teams, with ability to multi-task well including priority management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical and user focuses.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.