API Enablement Lead Developer
Frontier Communications is seeking a Lead Developer, API Enablement. This role will focus on integration delivery, driving innovation and best practices, and understanding the business system's data requirements. As a Lead, you will provide guidance across our team to establish API-standards while maintaining high availability for the services we manage. You will provide leadership on a team executing implementation, documentation, integration, and support operations of a variety of API projects. You will utilize current best of breed technologies such as Apigee and Tibco and have the support of an experienced team with a strong desire to drive growth of APIs through use of API management, REST services, ESB and microservices.
- The lead developer manages the integration and business process solutions across projects to ensure consistency and reuse, while also providing design and development deliverables.
- The lead works with the Enterprise architect, other development design leads and developers to implement the designed solution related to API development and ESB.
- Works with other development teams to develop standardized APIs
- Participates in Define phase for scoping, and Design phase for detailed technical requirements and design specifications and may assist with development of complex solutions.
- Works with developers to ensure best practices for performance are followed for optimal performance.
- Interfaces with other IT delivery teams for coordination of project tasks, status reporting, and issue resolution.
- The lead developer has deep experience in integration technologies, integration design patterns, services development (REST & SOAP) microservices and API management
- Mentors other team members to raise their skill levels.
- 7+ years’ experience in Information Technology
- Previous experience in an IT leadership role is preferred
- Hands on experience with Apigee API software preferred
- Strong background in API design and best practices
- Strong background and knowledge of API versioning
- Strong knowledge and use of Open API Spec.
- Familiarity with microservices and desire to grow knowledge in this area with the company
- Exposure and knowledge of CI/CD
- Strong knowledge of SOA concepts and experience with REST services, integration and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technologies required. TIBCO preferred, but others such as Mulesoft or Apache Camel will be considered
- Experience with the TIBCO SOA stack (TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks v5.13 and/or v6, TIBCO Enterprise Message Service, and TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Plug-ins for REST and JSON, Database, WebSphere MQ) desirable. If no Tibco experience, must be willing to train in Tibco product set.
- Experiencing testing services using SoapUI, Swagger or similar tools
- Working knowledge of high availability and clustering concepts and implementation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently in an aggressive schedule environment
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to think beyond near term needs to help define strategic solutions in a fast-paced environment
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.