Frontier Communications is seeking a Network Engineer who will be responsible for outside plant (OSP) engineering for all locations as assigned.
Prepare detail drawings, estimate cost associated with time and materials, and provide proper justification for the design and construction of OSP telecommunications equipment and material.
- Plan new additions for OSP facilities and submit for budget consideration.
- Copper and fiber design for aerial, buried and underground environments.
- Serve as liaison between the company and outside agencies such as other telephone companies, Department of Highways, Power Companies, customers in general and property owners.
- Coordinate with Supply and Construction departments to ensure projects proceed through the construction phase on-time and on-budget.
- Must have a knowledge of AC/DC theory; aerial, buried and underground OSP engineering;
- strong communication skills both orally and written;
- computer skills including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Skills in Infinium, AS400, Varasset, M-6 and PROPHET
Preferred five (5) years’ experience in the telecommunications field with qualified exposure to various fields of engineering.
- Strong Computer Skills in Window Products and must be able to learn new computer programs as required to perform job functions.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED Certificate. Preferred education would be Bachelor's Degree in related fields.
- Physical demands involve working extended hours where necessary, overnight travel, driver's license, able to work at computer station for extended periods, able to work outside in extreme heat/cold and assume on call supervisor duties as needed.
- Knowledge of CAD drawing and utilization of company FROGS system.
- Permit processes for ODOT, City, County
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.