Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for the planning of outside plant telecommunications at a state level. Subject matter expert of and for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to cable sizing, cable counts and cable records for both copper and fiber optic plant. This position works as a team member with OSP Network Engineering, Network Planning, Broadband Engineering and Transport Engineering to ensure proper facility capacities are being monitored and maintained within critical network facilities. This position also supports sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.
Specific requirements of the position include:
- OSP network planning at a statewide level.
- OSP planning and pricing estimates for all BDT’s at a statewide level.
- OSP planning and pricing estimates for all RFP’s at a statewide level.
- Proactive review of outside plant facilities to determine necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Communicate with all peers and departments to insure proper project planning.
- Creation of Varasset Commercial Tickets for BDT’s, DSAT and ASR’s at a statewide level.
- Monitor and manage M6 OSP queues at a statewide level.
- Assign cable pairs/fiber for sold customer orders on all circuits T1 and above at a statewide level.
- Design repeatered circuits for copper-based circuit delivery at a statewide level.
- Fiber optic testing support.
- Support BNET and customer circuit project managers.
- Support and review FCC diversity requests as required.
- Transmission, protection and noise mitigation support.
- DLC and Central Office grounding design.
- HVP (High Voltage Protection) cable entrance designs.
- All other activities with respect to the needs of the business.
Must have detailed knowledge of outside plant activities. Knowledge of engineering tools to include the following, FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based GIS), M6, Adobe, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email and other vendor software. Excellent organizational skills and communications skills (written and verbal) will be utilized in achieving desired results and are critical to the position. Outside plant engineering and construction experience. Must be able to manage multiple initiatives in various stages of activity.
B.S. in Engineering or equivalent, or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience related to outside plant. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge with heavy emphasis on outside plant design, cable count layout, and capacities. Must have a solid knowledge of telecommunications outside plant. Strong interpersonal skills are very important in discussions and meetings with engineering team, regional managers, local supervisors and technicians.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.