Sr Technical Analyst, Network Operations
Summary of Position:
The Network Operations Metrics Team is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and supporting reporting applications used by Network Operations to report on performance, quality, accuracy, and on time delivery of services provided to Frontier ‘s customers and business partners. Applications include both those built within NOPS as well as those based on vendor supplied solutions. Network Operations Metrics Team works closely with Network Operations Process Support, Network Operations, external Organizations within Frontier, and IT to establish and support solutions for key initiatives of the organization.
The position of Sr Technical Analyst of Network Operations Metrics Team has the task of working side by side with the business side of the Network Operations team in order to understand internal and external processes to enable reporting to be built to represent performance. The Technical Analyst will also be responsible for analysis, mapping, development, testing, executive reporting, communication, and facilitation of calls with the business. Prepares and maintains technical documentation including flow charts, models, and procedures, user guides, data/metric dictionaries, scorecards and reporting to assist with the ongoing operation and maintenance of reporting systems. May lead efforts, oversee work results, provide training and serve as a technical resource for other Systems Analyst.
- Prioritize projects based upon the needs of the business.
- Engage directly with users to understand business processes
- Learn and maintain an in-depth understand of the Frontier reporting tools: TIBCO, Spotfire
- Design, and build applications utilizing modern concepts and technologies
- Report requirements gathering, mock up design and presentation experience is a plus
- Understand business process but excel in the system design and implementation pieces.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of data analysis/systems analysis role within the telecom industry is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline is preferred.
- Experience in Telecommunications or related industry that relies on complex interactions between software and the network
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from others, and to share skills with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Resolve technical problems using a pragmatic approach
- Analyze data and validate assumptions. Selects appropriate relevant data and extracts from various internal and external sources.
- Manipulates raw data sets into information fit for analysis applying needed logic.
- Act as a design team leader to ensure progress against goals and timely reporting to management
- Partners with team members to monitor data to recognize patterns and analyze trend.
- Leads a systematic process for capturing requirements. Works with partners to capture requirements in a standard format that can serve as the foundation for developing technical documentation.
- Works with Developers and other IT staff to determine system components and functional flow of components and data between components
- Clarifies design expectations. Answers business and technical questions
- Must have strong debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences
- Proficient in requirements gathering
- Proficient knowledge of Frontier systems
- M6, DPI, VxField, Spotfire, TIBCO,
- Proficient with databases, Informix, DB2, MS-SQL and strong SQL knowledge.
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Python experience
- Experience writing SQL queries and analyzing data
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.