Senior API Enablement Developer
Frontier Communications is seeking a Senior Developer focused on Integration APIs. We are looking for adaptable developers to help execute our customers API strategies. As an API Enablement Developer, you’ll be part of a team executing implementation, documentation, integration, and support operations of a variety of API projects. You will utilize current best of breed technologies such as Apigee and Tibco and have the support of an experienced team with a strong desire to drive growth of APIs through use of API management, REST services, ESB and microservices.
- Senior Developer works with the Enterprise and solution architects, and other ESB developers to implement the designed solution related to the ESB, and or Enterprise API development.
- Works with other development teams to develop standardized APIs
- Participates in Define phase for scoping, and Design phase for detailed technical requirements and design specifications and will be responsible for development of complex solutions.
- Works with other developers to ensure best practices are followed for integration and event processing solutions.
- Interfaces with other IT delivery teams for coordination of project tasks, status reporting, and issue resolution.
- 5+ years’ experience in Information Technology
- Exposure and knowledge of CI/CD
- Hands on experience with Apigee API software or similar API management software preferred
- Strong background in API design and best practices
- Strong background and knowledge of API versioning
- Strong knowledge and use of Open API Spec.
- Familiarity with microservices and desire to grow knowledge in this area with the company
- Strong knowledge of SOA concepts and experience with REST web services, integration and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technologies is a must.
- Prefer experience with the TIBCO BusinessEvents, TIBCO SOA stack (TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks v5.13 and/or v6, TIBCO Enterprise Message Service, TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Plug-ins for REST and JSON, Database, WebSphere MQ, ActiveSpaces) desired. If no Tibco experience, experience with other ESB tools such as Muesoft, Apache Camel etc
- Experience correlating business events to drive creation business solutions preferred
- Must be able and willing to think beyond near term needs to help define strategic solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently in an aggressive schedule environment
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.