Summary of Position:
The Network Operations Provisioning Support (NOPS) team is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and supporting applications used by Network Operations to enhance quality, accuracy and speed of services provided to Frontier ‘s customers and business partners. Applications include both those built within NOPS as well as vendor supplied solutions. NOPS works closely with Network Operations Process Support and IT to establish and support solutions for key initiatives of the organization.
The position of SR Technical Analyst of Network Operations Provisioning Support has the task of developing and maintaining applications written in various languages.
- Develop and enhance tools used by Frontier using the latest technological practices
- Learn and maintain an in-depth understand of the Frontier application stack Architect, design, and build applications utilizing modern concepts and technologies
- Maintain documentation of application architecture and development (architecture, design, and user guide)
- Engage directly with users to understand business processes
- Create proof of concepts to validate and drive design decisions for network automation
- Implement new and modify existing integrations to Frontier’s network to automate provisioning and design functions
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ related experience. Experience developing in a scripting language (PERL, PHP, Python) required.
- Strong understanding of REST and SOAP API
- Knowledge of Linux administration
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline is preferred.
- Experience in Telecommunications or related industry that relies on complex interactions between software and the network is preferred.
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from others, and to share skills with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to author technical instructions
- Investigate and analyze information and to formulate conclusions.
- Strong understanding backlog management, product roadmap, scrum, Kanban, Git and CI/CD.
- Ability to adapt quickly to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Resolve technical problems using a pragmatic approach
- Familiarity with basic concepts of Layer 2 / Layer 3 data networking
- Familiarity with basic TDM concepts and Telephony networking
- Strong knowledge of networking and operating systems concepts, data structures and algorithms
- Must have strong debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Basic understanding of Layer 2/3 routing protocols and TCP/IP
- Proficient with databases, Informix, DB2, MS-SQL and strong SQL knowledge.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Jira, Confluence
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.