User Interface Software Engineer
Specialist, IT Development (.Net) / UI
Frontier Communications is looking for a talented development lead to join our development team in designing and building the next generation of web and mobile applications to deliver services to our subscribers. We are in need of an experienced software engineer who can take an active leadership role in defining our roadmap and architecture.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Works closely with the Product Owner, Sales, and Business Analysts, for understanding the system’s functional and non-functional requirements
- Passion for software development and architecture
- Minimum 1 year of testing enterprise software and systems (automation frameworks, test case automation, automation debugging/analysis) in a testing or Q/A capacity
- Solid understanding of ASP.NET Core / C#, minimum of 2 years of experience
- Minimum 1 year of MS SQL experience
- Experience with Visual Studio TFS
- UI Frameworks (E.g. Angular, AngularJS, HTML5, Bootstrap Library), minimum of 2 years of experience
- Solid engineering practices in design, development, debugging, testing, problem solving, and code analysis.
- Ability to step-through/debug working code to identify and troubleshoot logical or data errors
- Experience utilizing client-side toolkits and packet analysis software to troubleshoot client-server functional or performance-related bugs
- Strong knowledge in Data Structures and Algorithms
- Solid understanding of testing methodologies and mechanisms, able to analyze and transfer business requirements to logic and use cases and develop testing automation code
- Strong communication both verbal and written, excellent organizational skills, proven experience in collaboration with teams to achieve end result
- Ability to work in fast-paced Agile environment to deliver requirements on specified dates
- Work very well independently, with strong self-direction and initiative, as well as within a team structure
BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience
Exercises moderate independent judgment with input from Lead Developers / PMs / Management.
Other Skills and Competencies Required
- General knowledge of desktop / server hardware
- Basic understanding of additional operating systems (Linux / OSX)
- Exposure to working in Agile work environment
- General knowledge of and experience using IIS 6 or 7 on Windows Server 2003 or later
- Experience consuming, building, and testing web services — JSON REST / SOAP XML
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
Assist peers on major projects and development initiatives. Help define scope, requirements, and design for large scale development initiatives.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.