IT Business Analyst
Frontier Communications | SilkRoad Recruiting
This position is accountable for the development of short and long term strategic plans to align business goals with IT initiatives and technology. This position will also serve as a facilitator in the definition of business IT requirements for strategic and tactical IT projects.
To build and enhance relationships between the IT organization and key business areas, this individual works as part of the Project Management Organization to ensure that business needs and plans are integrated with IT project delivery.
- With limited supervision, assesses a situation and documents it. Ability to determine necessary technical documents and ensure completion. develop use cases and process flows
- Leads feasibility and requirements meetings to obtain business requirements. Leads self and peers by conduct and example.
- Able to lead multiple small/medium projects where no Project Manager is assigned. Performs as a Project Coordinator to assist a Project Manager on large projects.
- May lead analysts on projects where multiple analysts are assigned.
- Solid understanding of technical solution development process focusing on requirements development and testing concepts.
- Good, timely decisions in relatively complex situations, sometimes under pressure. Frequently applies lessons learned. Impact may extend to multiple groups with medium/large revenue or cost impact.
- Manages knowledge repositories
- Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures and recommends changes to improve process.
- Suggests areas for improvement in business internal processes along with potential solutions
- Reviews requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions
- Assists in the development of functional specifications and system design specifications for business projects
- Ensures that issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Works with the business to identify required project changes and assists in communication of these changes with the development teams
- Work with the business and IT Project Managers to ensure that project requirements are met through the delivery of projects during the project execution and the closedown phases.
- Supports the definition, planning and management of projects in compliance with PMO Governance policies and according to the Frontier Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and other standards as they are developed.
- May support the business in the development of initial requests for IT services through the IT Intake Process.
- May work with the business to establish appropriate project ROIs.
- May partner with the business in the development of Business case documentation for projects.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.