Perform network design and configuration for Internet Service Provider infrastructure in a Linux data-center environment.
- Configure/manage/monitor all ISP network equipment including Cisco routers and switches, Juniper routers and firewalls, F5 Server Load Balancers.
- Provide support to the group’s systems engineers by developing and documenting design documents for the deployment of new systems.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide 24x7 network support for Frontier's ISP data-centers with zero unplanned network outages
- Work closely with other networking groups to identify and resolve operational issues related to maintenance/troubleshooting and provide technical assistance during network outages.
- Maintain network monitoring systems.
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches, Juniper routers and firewalls
- Experience with Server Load Balancers (F5 preferred)
- Experience with routing protocols OSPF, BGP and BFD, and layer 2 protocols STP/RSTP.
- Experience with DNS, RADIUS, DHCP, NTP and other IP-based infrastructure services.
- Experience with Linux operating systems (Debian/Ubuntu, CentOS/RedHat preferred).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, both on a proactive, planned, project basis as well as a crisis/problem recovery situation.
- Must be detail-oriented and self-managing.
- Works with minimal supervision and proactively communicates status, issues, and support needs to appropriate manager(s).
- Experience with fast-paced, time-constrained development teams, with ability to multi-task well including priority management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical and user focuses.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.