Senior Manager – Transport Engineering
Summary of Position Describe the principal purpose and any unique characteristics of the job:
This position will be responsible for the engineering management of the ethernet and transport networks within an assigned market area. The position will be required to oversee an engineering team and advise on the planning, design and implementation of network transport solutions related to both layer 1 and layer 2 networks within the guidelines of company standards. The position will be responsible for making design decisions and providing support to the Transport Engineering Director to cost effectively deploy a robust network that leverages existing and new infrastructure to meet customer requirements. The individual will directly manage/supervise a department of highly skilled engineers across a large subdivision of state(s) and network architectures.
Job Requirements Job requirements should include all necessary qualifications to perform the full job.
- Kind and length of experience: 5-7 years of Engineering design with majority related to layer 2 ethernet networks (MEF CE 2.0) and transport systems including ROADM, SONET and packet optical.
- Special Skills (e.g., strong organizational skills, proficiency on specific software): Ability to adapt to a constantly changing network environment, ability and desire to learn independently. Strong communication and leadership skills required.
- Education, certification and/or license requirements: BS/BA Degree preferred, however equivalent experience considered.
- Physical Requirements (i.e., extended periods of sitting, bending, stooping, standing, walking or driving; frequency of lifting or carrying heavy objects - specify required weight; required communication skills - verbal/auditory): Standard office environment
- Environmental Factors (e.g., ability to work in extreme heat/cold, ability to work at heights over 15 feet, ability to work 3rd shift, ability to work weekends/on-call): General availability outside of normal working hours required as needed for items such as special projects, emergencies, and network issues. Some travel required.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.