IT Systems Engineer
The IT Systems Engineer will be responsible for design, configuration and maintenance on National Compute Infrastructure.
- Hardware build-out to expand and refresh available physical compute resources.
- Identify realignment needs of resources to correct under provisioned and overprovisioned systems.
- Recommend best practices for design and installation of new platforms.
- Test and upgrade Cisco UCS environment as new versions of software and hardware become available.
- Create and document procedures regarding compute infrastructure standards within the organization.
- Under minimal direction, performs basic analysis, design, implementation and maintenance activities in various areas of IT
- Works independently and leads assignments of moderate to high complexity.
- Consistently applies the concepts of appropriate standard methodologies and best practices.
- Prepares reports, records progress and creates solutions to IT problems/issues.
- Partners with customer community to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems or improve existing processes.
- Interfaces with suppliers and vendors as needed to evaluate software, hardware or services and makes recommendations.
- Applies principles, concepts and practices of the IT Competency Model at the Senior Engineer level.
- Proactively enforces security policies to ensure IT assets are protected.
- 3+ Years of experience managing Cisco UCS Domains; including defining monitoring standards, operational procedures and growth plans - required
- Experience working with Cisco UCS Director and Cisco Intersight – required
- 3+ Years of VMware virtualization technologies (e.g. ESXi, vCenter, vROPS) including design, configuration, and implementation in large enterprise environments - required
- Strong Hardware and Software Troubleshooting Skills - required
- Technical competency with identified hardware platforms preferred: Dell, Cisco UCS and emerging technologies
- Experience with Enterprise storage technologies i.e. Tintri, Pure, EMC VMAX, VNX, XIO preferred
- Experience with network technologies, including VLANs, NATs, Virtual Switches preferred
- Experience with additional VMware tools (e.g., vRealize Operations, View, Site Recovery Manager) a plus
- Must be detail oriented and self-managing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor Degree with an emphasis in Information Systems or Computer Science required.
- Technical IT certifications a plus – VCP7-DCV/VCP6-DCV, CCNA Data Center
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.