Adminstr, Database Sr
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
This individual is responsible for managing the SQL server data and related processes for the combined target marketing and reporting teams. This position is additionally responsible for developing new data solutions, integrating existing and newly developed web applications, providing technical support for server applications and ensuring that all server data is archived as required. Also, this position requires a great deal of analytical skill, ensuring that all reporting feeds are designed and processed as required, and that all scheduled data loads are correct and comprehensive.
- Database creation and maintenance, coordination of data import/export protocols and data integrity.
- Ensuring all databases are available for use during production hours.
- Creating, altering and maintaining tables, views and other SQL objects.
- Validating links between other internal and external data sources, and updating those sources as required.
- Upkeep of a maintenance calendar to ensure all data is accurate and timely.
- Participation in numerous audits to ensure data integrity.
- Must have at least 3+ years’ experience in SQL Server/database administration.
- Expert-level programming experience required with a variety of query-based tools, such as Brio, MS Access, SAS EG, Toad, SQL Server.
- Must also be familiar with data entry and extraction methods for all data warehouses used within the Company, including DPI/Endeavor, Scorecard/EDW and other data sources.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work with little supervision and have the ability to manage own workload.
- Must be well-organized and must be able to communicate well with both internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Must be extremely comfortable with MS Office suite of products (Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word specifically).
- College degree in Computer Sciences or Information Technology preferred. Must display a strong knowledge of mathematics and logical thinking.
- Must be available for evening or weekend work as job requires. Limited travel may be involved.
- Must be willing to perform server maintenance, repair and recovery in an on-call capacity as needed, and as the needs of the business dictate.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.