Senior Linux System Engineer (SE)
Recipe for Success-
The Senior Linux System Engineer (SE) is responsible for the design, implementation, engineering and administration of Linux computing systems hardware, software and storage infrastructure supporting a 24x7 mission-critical environment. These systems are core components of IT infrastructure supporting a large e-commerce website, plant operations, delivery logistics and general business services. The position provides senior-level system administration support for our E-Commerce & Logistics website and associated applications and systems.
- Architecting systems infrastructure solutions to deliver business applications and contenting to customers at low latency and high throughput.
- Designing, implementing and supporting Linux computing systems hardware and software infrastructure using the following service models: on premise, co-location data center facility,
- Application Service Provider (ASP), managed hosted, SaaS cloud, PaaS cloud, IaaS cloud and hybrid.
- Providing system architecture, implementation, system administration, troubleshooting and operational supporting for an E-Commerce & Logistics website environment
Key ingredients –
- MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related, or foreign equivalent, plus 2 years of related systems administration/engineering experience, or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related or foreign equivalent, plus Minimum 8 years of related systems administration/engineering experience.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Oracle Linux certification preferred,
- VMware Certified Professional preferred, Cisco Data Center (UCS) certification, preferred
- Citrix Networking - NetScaler certification preferred
- HP Storage certification is preferred
- Red Hat 4,5,6, Centos 4,5, SuSe 9/10/11 and Oracle Linux 5-7 – (Min 5 yrs)
- Virtualization technology: VMware (vCenter, vSphere 4-6 and ESX 4-6), (Min 4 yrs)
Add dash of –
- Unix/Linux Distribution (Min 5yrs)
- VMWARE 5,6(Minimum 4yrs)
- SolarWinds NPM, SAM, SRM, STM, VMAN,DPM(Min 1yr)
- Splunk (Min 1yr)
- Alert Logic log manager , threat manager(Min 1yr)
- Puppet, Foreman, Katello, Red Hat Satellite(Min 1yr)
- Unitrends Backup(Min 1yr)
- Manhattan associates, Intelligrated, Ware house management application (Min 6 months)
- Qlogic(Minimum 6 Months)
- Akamai dns (Min 6 months)
- Citrix Netscalar (Min 1yr)
- Storage System(IBM,EMC,HP) (Min 1yr)
- DR Solution(Min 1yr)
- Cisco Products- UCS , MDS (Min 1yr)
- WebLogic, Tomcat (Min 1yr)
- Net scalar, F5 Load Balancing (Min 1yr)
- Windows 2008/2012 (Min 1yr)
- Hadoop /SAS data warehouse (Min 1yr)
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job