Recipe for Success-
- Identify workload of within area of responsibility and shift personnel
- Issue instructions and examine work for accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency in accordance with the companies policies and procedures
- Identify problems, research root cause and create actionable solutions
- Provide Senior Managers with employee’s evaluation, trend analysis and reports.
- Alongside Senior Management; develop roadmaps of continuous improvement, enhance process and area performance
- Attend meetings with Associates and Management teams to implement action plans and oversee accountability of assigned processes
- Provide consistent coaching and development to staff including, but not limited to, ongoing training, quality monitoring, and delivering disciplinary actions
- Ensure that all employees are meeting statistical targets and provide action plans for those that fall below expectations
- Assist with special projects and other assigned tasks
Key ingredients –
- Five (5) – seven (7) years of Inventory, Distribution Center, and / or Commissary experience
- Two (2) – four (4) years of Management
- Must be willing and able to work in a refrigerated environment
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10–12 hours, willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and / or Holidays and be able to keep a flexible schedule during high volume production periods
- Associates degree preferred
Add dash of –
- Experienced in Produce (Fruits and Vegetables), perishables, consumables and / or short shelf-life items is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to lead, coach and develop a successful team
- Must be resourceful and exercise strong problem solving skills
- Ability to assist in recruitment, interviewing and training of new Associates
- Manufacturing, production, sanitation, food safety knowledge, HACCP, GMP, and OSHA a plus
- Previous knowledge or experience with WMS, ERP or MPS
- English Required - Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job