Manufacturing Supervisor, Deli (Night Shift)
The Manufacturing Supervisor, Deli is responsible for managing the staff of a 7-day operation for the order fulfillment process. Work is performed according to specific NYSDOH and FD policies and procedures in producing and packaging foods according to standardized procedures, ensuring the highest-level quality of product and service provided by our associates while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
Recipe for Success-
- Directs, coordinates and manages all aspects of a daily production operation in food safety, quality control as well as packaging and resolves problems within span of control to the standards set by the company.
- Drive productivity completion rates and actions to successful conclusion on a daily/weekly basis.
- Manage daily staff schedule in accordance to budget and/or business needs by utilizing the staffing model designed by department (where necessary).
- Resolve employee concerns and will partner with HR on high level investigations.
- Identify, interview and train talent for the department including but not limited to coaching, training, scheduling, disciplinary functions and execute matrixes and standards of continued excellence.
- Ensure follow through and compliance with: Food Safety, GMP’s, HACCP, Safety Compliance and FD’s policies.
- Guide, Direct and Motivate staff around performance management and labor planning.
- Be a change agent; working with team on identifying areas of improvement, implementing new processes and documenting them accordingly with the partnership of Sr. Mgmt.
- Oversee usage and handling of all equipment and machinery used in the department; including safety, driving PM’s and report all issues immediately.
- Support and participate various company projects, initiatives and programs as needed.
Key ingredients –
- High School diploma/ and or equivalent and demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous work experience and education
- 4 plus years of deli production in a managerial position required
- Previous high-volume culinary production, manufacturing or catering a must
- English Required Bilingual preferred in English and Spanish
- NYC Food Protection Certificate or equivalent
Add dash of –
- Strong Quality Control and Process Skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Knowledge of production systems software and ability to learn tasks related to work in SAP.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to lead, train and develop a team.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with staff, peers and senior management.
- Ability delegate/execute precise instructions and follow-up with cross-departmental communications.
- Knowledge of deli products and slicing methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Knowledge of deli production processes, materials and production equipment.
- Principles and procedures of interviewing, selection and training techniques.
- Active Learning, Listening Skills and Critical Thinking Skills to find effective solutions for problems that arise.
- Ability to manage, motivate and lead during periods of change and disruption.
- Ability to counsel and discipline in a positive ‘change behavior” atmosphere.
- Deli product & production knowledge, sanitation, GMP’s, food safety knowledge and HACCP a plus.
- USDA food manufacturing experience a plus.
- Able to work a flexible schedule/ Cover various shifts.
- Work in a cold environment.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job