Process Improvement Analyst - Outbound
Consultant - Process Improvement Analyst – Outbound Operations
Department: Inventory Control Non-Manufacturing
Reports to: Senior Manager of Inventory Control
Schedule – 6:00 pm – 2:30 am
Start Date – ASAP
Duration – The initial period of performance is for a four-month assignment
The Process Improvement Analyst – Inbound Operations will be assigned to working on projects that entail the below deliverables:
- Troubleshoot data issues and work with internal business partners (Outbound/Transportation Operations, Merchants, Inventory Control and MFG Production) to derive and assist ERP in building customized reports to investigate opportunities.
- Build and sustain cross-functional relationships with internal partners to best leverage assets for performance improvements.
- Assists in the development of and execute inbound supply chain initiatives, plans, and strategies.
- Work closely with Outbound/Transportation partners and develop internal auditing and dashboards (Picking, Recall, Returns, Hospital areas) for evaluating Outbound picking and shipping performance
- Analyze and recommend solutions to optimize productivity and lower costs across multiple points of distribution.
- Proactively identify for standard routines that impact Outbound/Transportation Operations. Track, manage and create improvement strategies to improve performance.
- Support Inventory Control Management in reviewing the controls and flow of Outbound/Transportation operations in the areas of picking orders, inventory management, lost in the warehouse, warehouse utilization and others. Key process owner in the WMS (Manhattan Warehouse Systems).
- Create lean ways of working, drivers and measures supporting key priorities for the business.
- Proactively monitors various data streams for indicators of supply chain health including inbound shipments, warehouse performance, downstream material flow, etc.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses on specific areas of the operation.
- Monitor results of Outbound/TransportationOperation improvement initiatives.
- Investigate causes for service failures to determine where changes to processes are needed and take appropriate actions.
Key ingredients –
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, Business, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or related
- Prior work experience in operations, logistics, warehousing or manufacturing preferred;
- Experience in a work environment which extensively utilized MS Excel required
- Manhattan WMS and slotting a plus
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple high priority demands simultaneously; ability to achieve success in situations with high degrees of variation and complexity.
- Ability to write, speak, and present effectively and persuasively at all levels.