Supply Planning Manager - FoodKick
In 2016, just 1.4% of fast moving consumer goods in the US were bought online. By 2025, this will grow to ~20%, or $100+ billion. The prospect of fast, precise delivery is a key driver of this growth, and we believe that FoodKick will claim the lion’s share of this booming market for two main reasons: (1) our revolutionary warehousing allows us to operate with never-before-seen speed and efficiency, and (2) we share the sourcing, supply chain, and expertise of our parent company, FreshDirect—the country’s original and largest online grocer. By joining FoodKick, you will get not just a front row seat but an opportunity to drive and develop a fast-growing company in a burgeoning, fundamental industry.
FoodKick is an innovative warehousing startup that makes extraordinary food deliverable on demand, in as little as an hour.
We believe that fast access to extraordinary food can help people save time and live more vibrant lives. We also believe that every person wants to live authentically as their highest self, to contribute meaningfully through challenging work, and to be appreciated for their efforts and personhood. We aim to honor these worthy desires by nurturing a culture of respect and providing world class training, hospitality, and growth opportunities to employees at all levels.
We are also aware that while advanced logistics and technology make our world more convenient, humans are at risk of losing sight of community and the long-term, global impact of consumption. No industry is more central to this dilemma than food. So, we have asked ourselves two questions: “Can we deliver extraordinary food on demand in a way that increases not just our customer’s quality of life, but the health of the environment, our community, and the global food economy?” And, “Can we do this in a way that builds community – both inside our plants and in our customer interactions?” We believe we can. Please join us and help us prove it.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to Procurement/ Supply Chain Analytics Team Management, SAP/systems settings maintenance, sourcing, costing and procurement strategies of products across all departments and supply chain analytics. Additionally, responsibilities include projects to improve overall business success in relation to complete product procurement, inbound efficiencies and in-stocks.
Replenishment: Includes but is not limited to the following functions:
- Manage in-stock strategies:
- Track and react to in-stock and DOH trends related to seasonality, long term/short term, category, system set up etc.
- Develop reactive and pro-active processes to review inventory & categories
- Manage vendor accounts
- Develop accountability, fulfillment metrics and lead meetings with vendors.
- On-time / No-shows
- Order fulfillment
- Costing Optimization
- Promotional leveraging
- Accounting/Invoicing check-and-balance system for proper payment
- Work with all FoodKick departments for proper fulfillment and process flow (Operations, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Demand Planning, Accounting, etc.)
- Player/Coach Buyer
- Direct ownership of specific vendor accounts as a buyer (including but not limited to vendor relations, placing purchase orders, etc.)
Supply Chain Analytics: Includes but is not limited to the following functions:
- Vendor / Inbound Scheduling
- Inbound Forecasting
- Safety Stock
- Holiday/ Seasonality/ Lift Strategies/Implementations
- Developing reporting tools
SAP: Includes but is not limited to the following functions:
- Manage SAP Purchasing & MRP
- Maintain material master settings to meet requirements for successful product procurement
- Maintain accurate source lists and vendor info-records
- Plans and carries out work assignments and handles problems in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices in the occupation. Consults with Team leader on unique situations which do not have clear precedents.
- Procurement/ Supply Chain Analytics Team Management
- BA/BS in Business, Economics, Operations Research / Management, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or related
- 3+ years of experience in procurement, analytical, or similar role
- Experienced with Microsoft products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- SAP/ERP system experience/knowledge a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to present data/information in a concise, logical and useful manner
- Able to write for and work with a wide range of audiences, from executives to line workers
- Proven organizational and time-management skills
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced, team environment under time constraints
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS, FoodKick and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.