POSITION: Freezer Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager of Operations
Position Summary: The Freezer supervisor is responsible for overseeing and supervising the day to day activities of the Freezer department, ensuring the highest-level quality of service provided by our Associates, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company. The Supervisor will oversee approximately 35 Associates. This is an overnight position - the ideal candidate must be able to start working at 4pm.
Recipe for Success-
- Manage up to 35 employees in a fast-paced food production environment
- Ensure work area is safe and clean for all team members to work
- Ensure that all the company’s rules, policies and GMP's are followed
- Ensure productivity and timeliness of efforts, as departments "in front" and "behind" each other department rely on integrated speed
- Master computer systems to manage work flow
- Master financial reports and other data available to manage productivity
- Handle projects as required - including project plan development, project management, and accountability for results
- Build your team by developing all team members, identifying talent for possible promotion, and challenging high performers
- Date management, FIFO, of product and receipts
- Inventory management
Key ingredients –
- 3+ years’ experience managing 20+ employees in a perishable food operation
- Must be able to be flexible with schedule; nights and weekends
- Must be able to work in -18-degree environment
Add dash of –
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to manage a team with respect and empathy
- Project management experience
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office products, with skill using Excel
- Experience with warehouse management systems; SAP experience a plus
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) a plus
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job