POSITION: Production Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: REPORTS TO: Asst. Production Manager
The Production Supervisor helps manage the day to day culinary operations for the prepared meals area for the large scale production on a 7 day operation commercial-type basis. Work is performed according to specific NYSDOH and FD policies and procedures in producing and packaging foods according to standardized recipes and procedures, ensuring the highest level quality of product and service provided by our associates while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Supervise & coordinate order fulfillment, processing and production requirements in all food production work centers and resolve problems within span of control to the standards set by the company.
- Manage staff schedule in accordance to budget and/or business needs and to ensure the highest level of productivity.
- Guide, Direct and Motivate staff around performance management and labor planning.
- Support new product launches while working closely with Sr. Manager, R&D team and Packaging Manager.
- Identify and train talent for the department including coaching, training, and needed material to accomplish that
- Constantly champion quality-focused manufacturing processes by Identifying areas of improvement, implementing new processes and documenting them accordingly with the partnership of Mgmt.
- Inspect and ensure follow through and compliance with: Food Safety, Safety & Sanitation compliance and FD’s Quality policies.
- Ensure follow through and compliance with: Food Safety, Safety compliance and FD’s policies around quality, Maintain clean, safe and organized work environment.
- Resolve employee grievances and concerns and escalates to Sr. Manager when needed, will also partner with HR on high level investigations.
- Oversee usage and handling of all equipment and machinery used in department including safety, PM’s and report all issues immediately.
- Ability to follow and enforce security and safety regulations and that line staff follow safety regulations. Reports all issues that occur daily to the appropriate manager in a timely manner.
- Support and participate various company projects, initiatives and programs as needed.
- ____ Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Team Leader on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
- _X__ Receives general instructions on what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines, and priority of assignments from Team Leader. Uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments independently without specific instruction but receives additional specific instructions from Team Leader for new, difficult, or special projects/assignments
- ____ Plans and carries out work assignments and handles problems in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices in the occupation. Consults with Team Leader on unique situations which do not have clear precedents
- ____ Plans and carries out work assignments; resolves most conflicts which arise; coordinates work with others as necessary; interprets policy on own initiative in terms of established objectives. Keeps Team Leader informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications
- ____ Plans, designs, and carries out programs, projects, studies, or other work independently. Receives little or no supervision from Team Leader
- ____ No supervisory responsibility
- ____ No supervisory responsibility but is responsible for managing a specific function
- ____ Trains and assigns work to Team members on an occasional basis; performs the same work as the group on a regular basis
- _X__ Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of one (1) Team member; does not conduct the same work as that Team member on a regular basis
- ____ Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of two (2) or more Team members; participates in the decision to hire, fire, and promote Team members; does not conduct the same work as Team members on a regular basis
Team Leader Responsibility:
Supervises shifts of hourly staff.
Oversee approx. 30-40 employees.
Manage all aspects of daily operation in preparation, assembly and packaging.
Ownership of quality control, productivity, workflow, cooking/cooling logs, process improvements and
drives actions to successful completion.
Review performance data, goal achievement and guide appropriate actions and projects.
Performs all duties in accordance with personnel and company policies, safety policies and procedures, HACCP, GMP and SSOP’s.
Maintain clean, safe and organized work environment.
- High School diploma/ and or equivalent and demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous work experience and education
- 3 plus years of food production in a supervisory position required
- Previous high volume culinary production, manufacturing or catering a must
- English Required Bilingual preferred in English and Spanish.
- NYC Food Protection Certificate or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong Quality Control and Process Skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Knowledge of production systems software and ability to learn tasks related to work in SAP.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to lead, train and develop a team.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with staff, peers and senior management.
- Ability delegate/execute precise instructions and follow-up with cross-departmental communications.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Knowledge of department production processes, materials and production techniques.
- Principles and procedures of interviewing, selection and training techniques.
- Active Learning, Listening Skills and Critical Thinking Skills to find effective solutions for problems that arise.
- Ability to manage, motivate and lead during periods of change and disruption.
- Ability to counsel and discipline in a positive ‘change behavior” atmosphere.
- Food production, sanitation, GMP’s, food safety knowledge and HACCP a plus.
- USDA food manufacturing experience a plus.
- Able to work a flexible schedule/ Cover various shifts.
- Work in a cold environment.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.