In-house Corporate Paralegal
Recipe for Success-
The position provides support to the Legal Department.
Board of Directors
- Co-manage administrative aspects and arrangements for corporate board meetings including assisting in the preparation of and distribution of communications to board and shareholders;
- Support the corporate governance function, including maintaining and updating state filings and registrations, minute books and directors and officers listings, preparing corporate resolutions and consents;
Entity and License Management
- Maintain licenses and permits for business operations;
- Work with CSC to maintain corporate existence and good standing for all legal entities in various jurisdictions; regularly update corporate database and internal reference documents;
Litigation and Transactional Due Diligence
- Manage litigation caseloads and discovery requests;
- Assist with deposition scheduling and outside counsel requests as needed;
- Investigate facts, collect information, and effectively summarize material;
- Provide support in transactional due diligence by securing and organizing needed information from various departments for outside counsel;
Contract & Matter Management
- Manage legal files and use of matter management tools regarding contract maintenance;
- Create initial drafts of form agreements and other documents for review by the General Counsel;
- Maintain a library of pre-approved form documents, contract clauses, templates, and historical documents, and add or revise material as needed;
- Interact with internal sources and associates in the field to assist with contract review process and corporate governance information maintenance;
General & Miscellaneous Duties
- Maintain daily calendar and track Legal Department activities as outlined below;
- Prepare standard letters and reports;
- Interpret and respond to requests for information, certificates and other documents from professional colleagues in Corporate, Operations, and Transportation functions;
- Perform certain tasks as needed for the General Counsel including monthly data analysis and internal reporting;
- Track and code external legal spend;
- Perform general administrative support for the Legal Department;
Other duties and projects as assigned;
- Serve as appointed notary.
Key ingredients –
- Must have strong organizational skills, be detail-oriented, able to work independently, and able to produce exceptional work under deadlines;
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize on a daily basis;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience drafting legal documents;
- Must exercise sound judgment and appropriately consult with or seek attorney review when necessary;
- Must possess good common sense and approach projects and assignments practically;
- Must be able to aptly assess potential legal risks or exposure;
- Must have software and technical proficiency including MS Office including SharePoint and Adobe DC;
- Utmost confidentiality required.
- Associate’s degree and Paralegal Cert Training or equivalent;
- 5+ years of related in-house corporate legal experience;
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with corporate governance matters;
- Experience with contracts and form agreements;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Valid notary.
Who is FreshDirect?
Launched in New York City in 2002, FreshDirect is a leading online fresh food grocer delivering farm-fresh foods and brand-name groceries directly to the doors of customers throughout five Northeastern U.S. states, including New York City and Philadelphia. We are committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers
FreshDirect “At the Office” delivers the same high-quality food with expanded product offerings and services for corporate clients. In 2015, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, a mobile-first food business that connects consumers to the freshest, tastiest finds in food, drinks, and lifestyle essentials all delivered within an hour.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job