Delivery Rep. - Jr. Route Driver - Bronx (BX) (Commercial Van Driver)
Recipe for Success – The LIC AM or PM Jr. Route Driver is responsible for providing efficient and safe delivery of boxes to our customers within the NYC Metro Area (5 Boroughs and other areas). A driver operates a refrigerated truck and also operates a hand truck to assist when making deliveries.
Key ingredients –
- 21 years of age or older
- Ability to clearly communicate and read in English
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday) and Holidays
- Must be able to work a flexible shift (mornings and/or evenings)
- Ability to complete all basic and recurring training
- Must be able to deliver orders up to 50 lbs in weight to the appropriate destination within a scheduled time [this may include walking up or down several flights of stairs]
- Must be comfortable interacting with customers
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service and safety
- Comfort /familiarity with basic smartphone operations
- Ability to utilize smartphones for two-way communication with our Operations Team
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions independently
- Ability to navigate a route successfully & independently
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
Motor Vehicle Record requirements:
- Must have a valid NY, NJ, CT, MD, DE, VA, DC or PA driver license
3 points or less on a motor vehicle report
No suspensions within the past 12 months and no more than 1 suspension in the past 3 years
No more than 1 accident in the past three years
cannot have more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
Launched in New York City in 2002, FreshDirect is a leading online fresh food grocer delivering farm-fresh foods and brand-name groceries directly to the doors of customers throughout five Northeastern U.S. states, including New York City and Philadelphia. We are committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers and farmers around the world, and its in-house team of chefs and bakers produce a wide selection of freshly-made meals, baked goods and more.
FreshDirect “At the Office” delivers the same high-quality food with expanded product offerings and services for corporate clients. In 2015, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, a mobile-first food business that connects consumers to the freshest, tastiest finds in food, drinks, and lifestyle essentials all delivered within an hour.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.