Director, Performance Marketing
Recipe for Success FreshDirect is looking for an experienced Director responsible for leading our performance marketing team that supports FreshDirect.com, Foodkick.com and FD@Office. This consists of channel expertise and execution of Paid Search (SEM), Comparison Shopping Engines (CSE), Affiliates, Performance Social and Display. In order to be successful, the ideal candidate will oversee the day-to-day tactical execution of best practices while coordinating with the web production, IT, merchants, creative, social, PR teams and well as agency partners. Teamwork, time management, strong communication skills, and attention to detail are critical aspects of this position’s responsibilities.
- Manage the day-to-day workflow of our performance marketing programs which requires building key relationship with cross-functional teams, agency partners and supporting teams
- Insure executions are strategic, effective, and properly measured
- Adopt a test & learn approach (optimization), leveraging insights and data to provide rationale and results
- Make effective decisions based on reporting and be able to support these actions
- Manage creating and distribution of the marketing calendar which includes promotional support, holiday events, and core brand initiatives
- Streamline reporting received from agencies and internal sources to compile a broader picture of performance.
Key ingredients –
- Possess working knowledge of core performance digital marketing channels including SEO, Paid Search, Comparison Shopping Engines, Affiliates, Display, and Social
- Work closely with CRM, Integrated Marketing, Brand Partnership, eCommerce and Operations teams to develop and deploy marketing strategies along with executing full-funnel campaigns inclusive of programmatic display across our LOBs
- Partner with cross-functional teams to effectively manage the relationship with in-house creative/copy teams as well as select agency partners to ensure best-in-class ad units are being utilized to maximize performance; understand each channel’s unique requirements
- Oversee a small team of dedicated marketers that generates ongoing campaigns and performance reports, inclusive of succinct and insightful commentary that can be understood by multiple departments and experience levels
- Consistently educate broader teams and leadership on the roles and expected outcomes of each channel and how efforts drive new/repeat customers, higher AOV, conversion and revenue
- Hold weekly and ad-hoc touch-bases to project manage and delegate workload
- Act as the day-to-day intermediary for problem solving and leadership
- Manage the invoicing and accrual process
- Ensure marketing costs is in line with budgets
- Partner with Legal to review Digital Marketing contracts (when necessary)
- 7+ years of experience in digital marketing with a proven track record in large scale performance/paid marketing channels such as SEO, Paid Search, Comparison Shopping Engines, Affiliates, Display, and Social Strong team management and partnership management skills
- Bachelors (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or equivalent – marketing or related degree preferred
- Analytical skills, with the ability to build reports and summarize data in meaningful way for the goals of the business.
- A good understanding of tracking technology, market attribution tools and strategies
- Familiarity integrating performance channel
- Team-player with excellent relationship-building – expect to liaise with multiple departments on a daily basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.