Picker Packer - FoodKick - Overnight Shift
Recipe for Success:
- Processing (picking + scanning + packing)
- Transfer finished products and raw material around the plant and warehouse.
- Quality assurance of raw and finished materials
- Safe Food Practices specific to department
- Pick food products and pack in racks verifying items using UPC codes.
- Stack processed food products in totes and boxes.
- Scan labels on packages load totes and boxes and label packages with printed labels.
- Apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to everyday operation
- Spot check packages emerging from machinery for correct labeling.
- Assist in shut down procedures.
- Assist in housekeeping of the department
- Operate equipment during order picking process
- Move throughout the Fulfillment Center for the majority of the shift
- Ensure that the cart is scanned into computer system at the end of the picking process
- Maintain excellent safety, quality, cleanliness, and productivity standards within the distribution warehouse
- Breakdown and stock production shelves
- Pack products for customers for delivery
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
- Ability to apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to the nuances of everyday operation
- Ability to clearly communicate in English. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Must be able to start overnight (10:00pm to 10:00am) or early morning hours (start and end times vary by department)
Add a dash of:
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Must be able to start overnight or early morning hours (start times vary by department)
- Must be comfortable in warehouse/production environment
- Experience as a cashier at a Grocery Store is a plus
- Ability to meet production and accuracy standards in a fast-paced work environment.
- Basic reading and math skills
- Detail Oriented
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
When all you have is a New York minute. When life happens (the good or bad, happy or sad!). When you want to make the most of the moment. FoodKick's got your back.
We deliver just what our customers need when they need it, like quick meal hacks, chilled wine, exclusive products from local partners and fresh fill-ins. And because we're powered by FreshDirect, our customers can trust our quality and convenience.
Why choose FoodKick?
We are a growing food ecommerce company offering an environment for you to grow! But let’s not forget to have fun.
Take a look at our work perks:
- Daily lunch and healthy snacks provided
- Flexible PTO
- 20% discount on FoodKick and FreshDirect
- Employee at-cost food store (in LIC)
- Monthly birthday celebrations and other holiday events…with food, of course
- Generous employee referral bonus
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.