Recipe for Success-
- Responsible for updating logs and documentation on a daily basis.
- Maintains shift and equipment logs in a clear and concise manner.
- Provides guidance and direction regarding trade techniques when instructed to work with an assigned helper.
- Perform cooling tower inspections, water testing, monitor water conditions and test for bacteria.
- Orders supplies and equipment through manager, to maintain adequate stock for daily operation and planned activities.
- Maintains a shop inventory to provide adequate supplies to perform continued maintenance of Medical Center.
- Estimates materials needed and record time and material expended on each work order.
- Maintains appropriate records, inventories, etc.
- Acquires and maintains overall knowledge of facility operations and reports status to management.
- Ensures equipment is operating according to given schedule.
- Operates various operational software associated with existing automation systems.
- Operates, tests, and maintains all types of refrigeration engineering equipment.
- Operates, tests and maintains all pumping equipment, using necessary hand tools and testing equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a N.Y.C. FIRE DEPARTMENT unlimited refrigeration permit.
- A35 To Operate and Maintain Air Compressors
- B29 Supervision of Battery Systems and Other Related Equipment
- F60 Fire Guard for Torch Operations and Construction Site
- G60 Torch Use of Flammable Gas
- G92 High-Pressure Natural Gas Fired Microturbine Systems, to be obtained within 90 days of employment
- S95 Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems and other Related Systems
- Minimum of three to ten years in operation and maintenance of electric and industrial refrigeration equipment, pumps, cooling towers, H.V.A.C. systems, chiller plant control systems, standpipe, sprinklers systems and fire alarm systems in a similar size facility.
- Demonstrates leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Trade or vocational school graduation shall reduce the requirements to two years.
- New York Fire Department Certificate of Qualification for refrigerating system operation.
- New York State E.P.A. universal
Add dash of –
- Proficient in English (e.g. reading directions and instructions written in English).
- Ability to climb ladders, perform work safely on man-lifts/hoists, work in hot or cold conditions (with proper personal protective equipment), work in confined space, etc.
- Adequate ability to discern colors for monitoring alarm conditions on computer screens.
- Ability to wear and work while wearing a full-face respirator.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work off ladders and scaffolding.
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the District of Columbia. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered in as little as an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job