Inventory Control Assistant
Position Summary - FreshDirect is currently seeking an Inventory Assistant in the New York City area. The Inventory Assistant is responsible for ensuring accurate inventory levels and adherence to processes (Research discrepancies, check expiration dates).
- Perform schedule cycle counts.
- Data entry.
- Cycle count reported discrepancies from different departments.
- Cycle count shorted products.
- Check expiration dates.
- Perform physical/systemic scrap due to expiration, quality, damage and/or other reasons
- Use of Warehouse Management System.
- Utilize mobile equipment when necessary to perform job duties.
Qualifications and Skills -
- Must be able to work in a cold environment, where the average temperature is 38 degrees
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be proficient in Math
- Must have basic Computer knowledge
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and Holidays
- Must be able to work overnight/early morning
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35-50 lbs continuously
- Must wear non-slip resistant shoes
- Ability to learn SAP (Warehouse Management System)
- Ability to clearly communicate in English
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Strong Research and Analytical skills necessary
- Forklift experience a preferred
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the District of Columbia. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered in as little as an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- Summer barbecues for all FD employees
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job