Manufacturing Planning Manager
Here’s what we’re looking for in a Manufacturing Planning Manager:
The Manufacturing Planning Manager will oversee the implementation of BOMS and Routings in manufacturing at the work center level in SAP. The Manufacturing Planning Manager will manage the production planners on-shift and the manufacturing inventory control department which has members on-shift and on days. This position will hire, train, evaluate and develop the production schedulers and IC staff to facilitate the attainment of company objectives. The Manufacturing Planning Department will support manufacturing operations in scheduling production and reporting of productivity, yield, scrap, shorts, out-of-stocks, turns and schedule attainment.You relish the idea of:
- Managing and directing all manufacturing planning and manufacturing inventory control functions
- Implementing BOMS, Routings and material confirmations at the work center level in manufacturing
- Maintaining Material Master, MRP settings, ATP settings, Bill of Material, Routing and other data integrity in SAP required for raw material staging and accurate production planning
- Ensuring that all IC counts are completed and production schedules modified before manufacturing
- Implementing raw material staging on-shift
- Optimizing the scheduling of materials through manufacturing
- Developing capacity measurements/checks to ensure we are within machine and storage capacity limits
- Collaborating with R&D, Merchandising and Production on New Product Intro and holiday build ahead requirements
- Analyzing inventory to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize service
- Developing systems and processes to scale manufacturing/manufacturing planning effectively in an increasingly complex environment. Standardize processes when possible
- Continuously implementing system improvements to improve manufacturing efficiency and effectiveness
- Developing end user training documentation. Train users and super users in processes and procedures
- Hiring, training, evaluating and developing your staff. Developing team culture to facilitate employee growth and contribution
- Key metrics:
- Improve service levels
- Reduce shortages
- Out of stocks
- Scrap/ Expiring scrap
- Inventory turns
- Within capacity constraints
- Performing related and Ad Hoc Projects/Reporting
- Managing cleansing and creating master data (BOM, Routings, MM, MRP Settings) needed to make a successful transition to HRY. Implement material staging in LIC.
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Manufacturing is a plus
- Minimum two years experience leading a team
- Experience implementing BOMS, Routings and material confirmations at the work center level in MFG in SAP.
- Ability to coach and train a team to achieve maximum potential
- Experience implementing SAP BOMs, Routing and material confirmations required
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of inventory management principles
- Proficient in mathematics and statistical data analysis
- Six-Sigma, APICS, CSCP, CPIM or similar certification a plus
- Problem solver / implementer with excellent communication, organizational and negotiation skills
- Excellent written, oral communication and process documentation skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, team environment under time constraints
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine—lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan.
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market).
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours.
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages.
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine.”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway.
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus.
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job