FoodKick Demand Planning Analyst
The Demand Planner Analyst interfaces with supply chain, merchandising, purchasing and operations to develop and revise the forecasts for all SKUs at the location-day level for everyday demand and promotional demand. This forecast drives purchasing and ultimately supports FoodKick’s in-stock position. The Demand Planning Analyst will be cross trained to develop reports in Business Objects and provide analytical support to supply chain and capacity planning.
- Maintain and refine demand forecasting models based on customer shopping patterns and business trends and selecting the most suitable model based on forecast error, statistical significance and business needs using selected tools, such as R and SAS.
- Pull weekly forecasting inputs and adjust forecasts in response to variations in demand.
- Partner with buyers to gather forecast requirements and refine model output.
- Partner with merchandising to understand promotional impacts and generate demand forecasts for promotional activities and holidays.
- Designing and building solutions to improve sales and supply chain planning processes for the FoodKick businesses.
- Performing root cause analysis of demand issues and refining systems and methods to continually improve forecasts and adjust forecasting in demand platforms.
- Assist the Merchandising Analyst with gathering reporting requirements and designing and optimizing ad-hoc and regular reports using SAP Business Objects.
- Monitor scrap, OOS and sales against forecast to capture the outliers or regular forecast errors on SKU level and new trend in sales mix.
- Achieve consensus for forecasts by collaborating with merchandising, purchasing, marketing and operations teams.
- Responsible to interpret complex data from multiple sources and then to summarize and communicate this information to multiple internal customers
- Receives general instructions on what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines, and priority of assignments.
- Plans and carries out work assignments; coordinates work with others as necessary.
- Plans, designs and carries out projects, studies, or other work independently. Receives moderate supervision.
- BA/BS in Business, Operations Research, Data Analytics, Statistics or related field
- Prior experience in grocery, specifically fresh products preferred
- Minimum two (2) years in a demand planning role preferred or proven track record of analyzing and forecasting data
- APICS or other forecasting certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bright, fast learner, experienced excel user, good mathematics and analytical skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making and presentation skills
- Organized, attention to detail, relentless follow-up
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demand planning and/or production planning experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Access, VBA, SQL preferred
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS, Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.