Recipe for Success – The Staff Accountant will focus on all functions related to the month-end and year-end closings responsibilities including, monthly departmental reporting, preparing and analyzing general accounting journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation, financial audit support, and account analysis. The candidate will report to the Senior Accountant and will receive clear, detailed, and specific instructions. The candidate will consult with management on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities.
Core Responsibilities –
- Assist with month-end close processes related to fixed assets, prepaid assets, and miscellaneous journal entries and accruals
- Act as the accounting support for various cross-functional departments, including marketing, transportation, human resources, legal and finance
- Process journal entries for depreciation, property accruals, additions, dispositions, transfers, lease amortization and prepaid software amortization
- Research, verify and create asset addition and retirement documentation
- Create, maintain and coordinate asset audit schedules
- Review capital purchase order requisitions for approvals
- Oversee GL coding and reconciliation into the projects budget
- Coordinate with Project Managers regarding contracts, invoice approvals and lease commitments
- Create and manage asset numbers and internal orders based on budgeted line items
- Prepare weekly payroll interface journal entry postings
- Maintain depreciation and capitalization dates in accordance with company policy
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare daily cash posting and reconciliation
- Provide annual financial audit support
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers
- Assist with special projects and other duties as requested
Key ingredients –
- BS in accounting or related field
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant work experience
- P.A. a plus, but not required
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and US GAAP
- ERP system experience, SAP experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must
- Detail oriented and deadline driven with good analytical, organization, communication and computer skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management and employees
- Able to present financial data in a concise, logical and useful manner
- Ability to think proactively and work in a highly collaborative and high paced environment
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established byFreshDirect for the job