Warehouse Driver - FoodKick
The Warehouse Driver is our “Jack of all trades.” They are the liaison between our warehouses and our main supplier, and are responsible for picking up product from our supplier warehouse.
We are a small, close-knit team that is working hard to make great food easier to get on a moment's notice. This job begin daily in the Bronx, NY but will require travel to our warehouses in East Williamsburg and Hell’s Kitchen to complete delivery!
Recipe for Success
- Provides timely delivery and unloading of products from pick up locations to Manhattan and Brooklyn warehouses
- Working in the warehouse utilizing a pallet jack to load and offload products on the truck.
- Ensure product is moved from receiving staging area to proper designated area
- Complies with all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Maintains truck operating efficiency (Pre/post-trip)
- Load and unload product of varying size and weight
- Maintains delivery, truck, and driving records
- Communicate with Buyers/Merchants on issues
- Communicate with receiving on late arrival to both warehouses
- Assist in plant operation when you have down time
- Willing to work cross functionally
- Shift will generally start at 2pm-8pm Monday through Friday. Potential schedule shift based on need of the position.
Add to the mix :
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years old
- A minimum of 1-year commercial truck driving experience
- Must have a CDL license
- Have a current valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Can safely operate the motor vehicle he/she will be driving
- Mobile equipment operator experience a plus or must be able to acquire a certification
- Required to wear oil and slip resistant shoes
- Must have a valid Medical Department of Transportation Card (MDOT)
- Must Pass a Road Test
- Must have three (3) points or less on a motor vehicle report to road test
- Zero (0) suspensions for a non-criminal moving traffic violation
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday)
- Must be able to work a flexible shift (mornings and/or evenings)
- Ability to maneuver 25 lbs. to 80 lbs. with appropriate equipment
- Ability to read and speak the English language well enough to do the job
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
FreshDirect (and by extension, FoodKick) is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are proud to serve a diverse customer base and to work with a diverse, inclusive team. Consistent with this, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the relevant job requirements.