FD Market Store Clerk (Part-Time)
Key ingredients –
· Receive, check and store grocery items at the beginning and end of the work day
· Make sure that shelves and store is well maintained and cleaned everyday
· Organize merchandise pricing, signage and coding
· Confirm that the quality of product are within FD market expiration window
· Transport grocery items to the correct storage areas
· Conduct Daily counting of FD Markets physical inventory
· Ensure appropriate placement, storage and rotation of perishable grocery items
· Check storage areas for expired items and make sure that any expired items are wasted
· Handle stacking activities by making sure that all grocery items are placed properly
· Ensure all product has current pricing and all items follow the FD Market pricing conventions
· Assist customers in locating their choice of groceries and provide them with information on ingredients and expiry dates
· Monitor the movements of grocery items between storage areas and shelves
· Ensure that any damaged or spoilt products are handled according to company policy
· Assist customers in retrieving items from inaccessible areas such as low shelves or from the back of shelves
· Assist customer through the payments procedure by ringing and bagging their purchases
· Operate cash register, take payment for items sold
· Respond to customers’ questions, comments or concerns and ensure that they are handled properly
Add to the mix –
· Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment of 32 - 38 degrees
· Must be able to stand/ work a shift of 8 – 9 hours a day
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
· Must be able to perform twisting, turning and bending
· Must be able to operate Powered Industrial Trucks( I.e. Forklift, Cherry Picker, Hi-lo)
· Ability to clearly communicate in English is a must
· Customer service experience necessary
· Ability to work proactively in a fast paced, team based environment
Add dash of –
· Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
· Good verbal communication skills
· Basic computer skills is a plus
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the District of Columbia. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered in as little as an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.