Recipe for Success-:
The Controller will report to the CFO and provide support to the CFO in the financial management of the company. The Controller will have primary day-to-day responsibility for all accounting related activities of the company. The controller will work closely with the leadership of the FPA group to ensure accurate, timely reporting to Senior Management Team.
Management & Leadership
- Direct responsibility for all accounting systems and functions
- Mentor and develop direct reports, manage work allocation, train, resolve problems and perform evaluations
- Design, establish and maintain organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish individual, department and company goals and objectives
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives within the Accounting department
Accounting, Admin & Compliance
- Oversee and implement effective internal controls; ensure the Company maintains compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Develop and refine the Company’s accounting policies and procedures, and oversee internal audits to ensure effective implementation
- Assisted by the Assistant Controller, oversee the monthly accounting close function and review associated work papers and statements
- Provide management oversight and direction for the Company’s Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Fixed Asset, and Tax activities
- Supervise cash management activities including the review of timely collections of receivables, Positive Pay activities, timely funding of payroll and vendor disbursements and review of cash balances for adequacy and fund transfer recommendations
- Ensure successful completion of the Company’s financial audits, tax returns, and regulatory filings
- Conduct analytical reviews of the Company’s operation from a balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective
- Assist in the Company’s budgeting and planning process. Review all financial plans and compare to actual and prior year results with a view to identify, explain and correct variances as appropriate
- Plans, designs, and carries out programs, projects, studies, or other work independently.
- Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of two (2) or more Team members; participates in the decision to hire, fire, and promote Team members;
Key ingredients –
- BS in Accounting; CPA or CMA preferred but not required
- 8-10 years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in retail or e-commerce industry
- Strong understanding of GAAP; prior leadership role in financial audits
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a financial management role, partnering with management and executive staff
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the District of Columbia. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered in as little as an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.