Transportation Safety and Compliance Manager
Recipe for Success-
The primary responsibility of the Transportation Safety and Compliance Manager will center around the development, implementation, training, periodic updating and auditing of a comprehensive Environmental Health & Safety program to ensure on the job safety of employees and environmental compliance. This person will manage plant safety programs to ensure a safe and accident-free work environment. Promotes plant safety by working with all departments to analyze current situation and recommend safety improvements. Ensure compliance with government legislation, federal regulations and corporate policy pertaining to both Environmental and Safety programs.
Key ingredients –
- Lead efforts to improve overall fleet safety to produce a substantial reduction in avoidable collisions across all FreshDirect locations
- Develop initiatives to measure and reduce at-risk driving behaviors
- Oversee, manage and improve SMS BASIC scores across all locations
- Mentor managers and supervisors to instill a culture of safety among employees
- Assist / support facility departments in safety training to include behavior based safety programs, company and regulatory training
- Oversee drug and alcohol compliance program
- Provides quick and efficient responses to sensitive issues where a high level of technical, systematic or emergency thought processes is required
- Evaluates and offers advice and implementation of solutions on complex safety and compliance issues
- Establish systems for the monitoring of workplace safety risks and environmental impacts through the analysis of work processes, materials, equipment and the work habits of employees
- Performs audits and inspections and reviews investigation reports to ensure that corrective actions will eliminate recurrence and unsafe acts/conditions
- Analyze accident and collision data to identify trends and accident types that can be prevented
- Investigate technological solutions to reduce systemwide risk
- Provides direction and assistance to employees in fulfilling their obligations for health, safety and compliance and creates positive and productive working relationships with all employees
- Coordinates and conducts required compliance training
- Plans and delivers key safety concepts to provide the road map to zero injuries, collisions and world class performance
Add dash of –
- Five to Eight (5-8) years of experience in safety with a concentration in transportation safety and compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering field, such as, Occupational or Environmental Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge through formal education, training and/or experience on the principle and practices associated with fleet safety and FMCSA compliance
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook
- Demonstrated platform skills with the ability to prepare and present technical subjects to an audience having diverse backgrounds
- Familiarity with occupational health and safety management systems (e.g. ANSI Z10/OHSAS 18001).
- Ability to mentor, coach and train
- Exceptional writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Proven ability to successfully develop and implement programs and systems to comply with federal, state and local occupational and transportation safety regulations as well as company policies, strategies, initiatives and goals
- Must be resourceful and a skilled problem solver
- Experienced in the development of tools, resources, programs, and processes
- Ability to focus on teamwork, project management and follow-up
- Comfortable juggling and coordinating multiple projects with competing priorities
- Capable of working in a fast paced, dynamic and changing environment
- Must possess leadership qualities and be open minded with the ability to lead projects from concept to completion
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the District of Columbia. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered in as little as an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job