Part Time (PT) Delivery Rep - Bronx (BX) Route Driver
Recipe for Success-
The primary responsibility of a Route Driver is responsible for providing efficient and safe delivery of boxes to our customers within the NYC Metro Area (5 Boroughs and other areas). A driver operates a refrigerated truck and also operates a hand truck to assist when making deliveries. Our drivers deliver orders to the appropriate destination within a scheduled time. They are expected to provide professional customer service and timely reporting to supervisors and assigned dispatchers regarding lateness, damaged or missing products.
Key ingredients –
- A minimum of six (6) months RECENT commercial truck driving experience OR RECENT CDL graduate
- Ability to clearly communicate and read in English
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday) and Holidays
- Must be able to work a flexible shift (mornings and/or evenings)
- Ability to complete all basic and recurring training
- Must be able to deliver orders up to 50lbs in weight to the appropriate destination within a scheduled time (this may include walking up or down several flights of stairs)
- Must be comfortable interacting with customers
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service and safety
- Comfort /familiarity with basic smartphone operations
- Ability to utilize smartphones for two-way communication with our Operations Team
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
- 21 years of age or older
Add dash of –
Motor Vehicle Record requirements:
- Must have a valid NY, NJ, CT or PA driver license
- CDL is not required, but a plus
- 3 points or less on a motor vehicle report
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions independently
- Ability to navigate a route successfully & independently
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.